What's new

I'm in love! (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
With my Pioneer Widescreen SDD533! I've had it for 2 and a half weeks now and it's like I'm watching my DVD collection for the first time!

I assume the rest of you folks that have bumped up (I did from a 36") have felt a similar euphoria... How long does it last? My wife is getting jealous!

BTW... I still think The Abyss is James Cameron's best movie! The Special Edition looked great... and it wasn't even anamorphic!

Ric

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ha ha!
Ric, I know what you mean. I bumped up too from a 32" to the Panny 53". :D It really is like I never watched my DVDs before. Totally different experience. For example, I watched parts of Dark City some time last week, and never realized how much the camera shook in that final confrontation scene since I've only seen the movie on the 32" before. Also, all action sequences look totally different due in large part to the much bigger/wider coverage of my field of view. I didn't like how Spiderman looked on the 32"--his web-swinging action seemed unnatural and jerky and way too fast--but on the 53" it looked a lot better and more natural.
Basically, I'm getting that immersive, big screen theater-like experience that I never got from the old 32".
_Man_

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Even though I got my Pioneer 533HD5 two months ago, I turned to my girlfriend yesterday as we were watching Ed and said, "man the TV is AWESOME!". She concurred.

Even if I'm watching a pretty bad movie on DVD, I still have a big smile on my face because I can't believe how good the picture is.

A lot of it is the move from 40" to 53" and SD to HD. But I have a feeling that I really lucked out on getting a Pioneer.

Ted Ross

Second Unit
I as well love my 533-My 1st rptv purchase was a hitachi 43uwx10b & I was not happy with it-every time I turned it on & watched something on it I got the "why did I buy this" feeling- I finally sold it & bought the 533 & every time I turn it on I fall in love with the picture. best damn purchase I have made in a while

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Can you feel the love in the room!!!!!!

Signed,

Another Happy 533 Owner!

BL

PS: Try Titan AE.....killer picture AND sound. Virtually 3 dimensional....the ice field scenes are incredible.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Will do! In the animation catagory, I am also anxious to check out "Final Fantasy" Good thing I have a 2 week vacation coming up. I have a lot of catching up to do!

Ric

Herman S

Agent
I bought by 533 5 months ago and I too love the TV. I looked at a lot of different RPTVs including Mitsubishi, Sony, Marantz and Pioneer Elite. I found that the quality of the 533 surpassed any TV at that price point. It even looked better than many of the others that were more expensive. I found that in order to get a slightly better picture, I would have had to buy one that was double the price. Diminishing margin of return in my opinion.

For those of you who just got one, it only got better after the ISF calibration.

Ted Ross

Second Unit
For those of you who just got one, it only got better after the ISF calibration

Id like to get one for my 533, but Im worried that will void my extended warranty I purchased along with the TV.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Most buyers of widescreen rptvs are moving up from analog 4/3 sets no bigger than 35" or so. You're getting the triple whammy of huge screen, line doubling or progressive scan, and anamorphic enhancement. I've had my Sony KP57HW40 for 14 months and the wow factor has yet to wear off (no local Pioneer dealer in my area, or I might have gone for one).

Now ya gotta get an HD receiver and check out one of the channels running mostly video based HD stuff--PBS,HDNet on DirecTV or Discovery HD on Dish--truly jaw-droppingly gorgeous stuff.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I assume the rest of you folks that have bumped up (I did from a 36") have felt a similar euphoria... How long does it last? My wife is getting jealous!
I'll let you know, as my bump up (to 92" diag) will be occurring within the next couple of weeks.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks