What's new

ICECUBE cryo'd IEC adapter (1 Viewer)

Dan M

Second Unit
Anyone got one of these babies?

It's an adapter for standard 2 prong power cable outlets to be upgraded to a 3 prong IEC power cable. I want to upgrade the power cable with my Panasonic RP91 DVD player.

I'm always on the lookout for a tweak!

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Dan,
I use the "CUBE' cryo'd adapter (have been for many, many months now) and am very pleased with the performance.

I purchased this from dedicatedaudio before they named it the ICECUBE( it was being cryo'd by Cryogenics International in Arizona even before they christened the adapter as the "ICECUBE"). I suppose I bought it before they truly introduced it as the "Cube", and started marketing the adapter in a bigger way.

This "Cube" adapter ($30.00, I believe) outperformed the Harmonic Technologies Single Crystal adapter ($60.00 ) easily.

Obviously, this is IME, and in my system. I use dedicated circuits and double cryo'd Hubbell 5362BK outlets. My power cord to my Panny RV80 is a ZU Birth and it is terminated to a Jon Risch Line Conditioner for digital components only. The Risch conditioner is connected to a HT Fantasy Power Cord. Good cords, adapters, and outlets do add up to good sound. It really does matter 8>)

Of course, this is IME..... humbly ..... ;o)

BOK

Dan M

Second Unit
Thanks Brian. Sounds great! Looking forward to whatever improvements it provides. Since I will be using it with my dvd player, I'm hoping for even better picture quality as well as sound. I will be connecting it to my Panny RP91, out to a Richard Gray's Power Company with a Straight Wire Blue Thunder cable into a PS Audio Power Port outlet.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Jim,

sour grapes do not make for happy listening.....

If you have not tried... the sidelines are the best spot for you :0(

Otherwise, you just come off as ...well, just sour and cranky ;*)

long live star wars and we wait and wait........zzzzzz

BOK

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
You guys take all this banter way too seriously, and it seems, too literally as well.

bok

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to update this thread a bit...

Dan M,

I too have an RP91 and just got an IEC adapter for it to use with a VH Audio Flavor 3 cryo'ed power cord. While I have not had that much time to evaluate the combination, I did notice that colors appeared to be more vibrant and that the audio seemed louder even at previous "normal" volume levels. I (as well as my wife) particularly noticed that the bass sounded as though it was playing louder and cleaner.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Picked myself on up from Take five Audio for $5 CDN. Here's a link.

http://www.takefiveaudio.com/c8_to_iec_adapter.htm

One question. The powercord on my RP82 has a square/circle combo but the Take five is figure 8. does it matter which way the adapter is plugged into the DVD player? I have it so the middle pin on the C13 end is up. DVD player works fine.

Kevin

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Kevin W.,

According to Chris at VH Audio, there are 2 types of IEC/DVD adapters; one type is the "figure 8", and the other has one round and one square. The one for round/square is for "correct polarization".

What types of improvements did you notice?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks