What's new

I need suggestions on a complete 5.1 setup (1 Viewer)

Dick Knisely

Second Unit

No. Sometimes individual components will come with some cables but generally not. Speakers may or may not come with hookup wire, most of those I've bought did not. Unless they specifically said they did, I'd assume those were extra. One factor with this is they don't know what you're going to connect and what kinds of connections you can and wish to make.

As for what you'll need it depends on the types of inputs and outputs you've got on each device beginning with whatever is the source of the TV audio+video--cable box, antenna into TV, Sat Dish receiver, etc.

You need to get the audio side of the TV audio+video to the receiver but we need to know what the audio source is and what the input options are on the destination (the receiver). It's probably either going to be a standard audio pair (red/white) cable into the receiver or a coax digital link into the receiver.

Hooking up the speakers to the receiver is straightforward--some decent gauge copper wire. Skip the "monster" cable stuff and get a 50' or 100' spool of 12 gauge wire. Example:
http://www.cablesforless.com/index.a...S&Category=479
But you can probably get the equivalent at a big-box home center also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks