What's new

I LOVE my Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX!!! (1 Viewer)

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the Elite VSX 53TX a few days ago, did the auto calibration, worked amazingly!! Man, this receiver rocks!!!!! I love the sound it produces, nice and clear, LOUD as hell, and just plain bad a$$!!!!!! I love the looks, everything about the thing is amazing. Definite sound difference over the Harman Kardon AVR 520 I had before it, the Elite seems to be more in your face and more defined with the highs, the HK's definitely are warmer for sure! They both sound amazing though, I love the HK's, and will most likely own another one in the future, but for now, me and the piano finish Elite are a happy couple. :D

The features rock, quality of the product is amazing, heavy as hell too, longer than the HK AVR 520 too! It has a great owners manual, great power and control, easy OSD menu, and much more. I am very happy with it and can't wait to play with it some more! I would highly recommend the Elite's to anyone looking for something new. I am running Klipsch RF-7 mains, RC-7 center and RF-5 rears off it, just amazing sound is all I can say.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Scott, Never, Never, say "That's It" :D I have a friend who just ordered one & I'm just waiting for him to get it to help him set it up & I'm looking forward to the experience. Congrats & have fun with your new receiver!

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
I know Bill, I just have to keep thinking it to prevent bankruptcy :) When you say your friend ordered one, are you talking about the Elite VSX 53TX? If so, he's gonna love it, it's really a kick a$$ receiver!

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I've posted about it as well on a few occasions, but I will yet again, in this thread, sing the praises of the 53TX. Basically everything Scott says applies here as well, with an all Athena setup. Upgrading to this from a lower level Yamaha made all the difference. This thing drives my speakers HARD, I haven't had it distrort, and it sounds absolutely phenomenal. Not to mention, it's rather easy to use, although if I do have one gripe, it's that the remote is rather cheap (although all I really use it for is volume up/down anyways). Anyone who's looking for a receiver around this price range should give it an audition. You'll be impressed.

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Drew, yeah I think the receiver is phonominal but the remote is just normal looking, nothing flashy like the 55TXi remote with the LCD display. I plan to go to a Pronto someday and it won't matter anymore :) But until then, I just switch the input and use the volume, I took a look at it this morning, and there's a lot of crap on that remote that I have no idea what it does :D This receiver can handle anything you throw at it, crank the volume, it doesn't break a sweat or heat up at all, GOD I love it! :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill - He's gonna love it, be careful, you may like it too :)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Watching a movie yesterday and playing with the remote control, I found the ability to dim the display, or totally shut it off so the only thing that is (barely) visible is the volume level. It's kinda nice not to have that distraction anymore, but there are still far too many buttons on that remote...but who knows what other cool stuff this thing can do...time only will tell.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Scott, check out this remote www.amx.com/new-products.asp My daughter's boss just had a new home theater built & he has the 17 inch Modero Touch Panel. She tells me it is on a stand but you can lift it off of it & you can do ANYTHING with itincluding video conference calls & everything is wireless. They even put Exact Pictures of his room on it by taking digital pictures of his theater & I thought the Pronto was the remote to end all remotes this puts them all to shame.

Mike Pollmann

Stunt Coordinator
I've been seriously thinking about getting a 53TX. And then last night, I noticed something.. Only 5 AV inputs? 1 of which is on the front? That hardly meets my needs. Guess I might have to go with a Denon... (unless I'm wrong in what I saw.. It's actually pretty hard to find photos of the back panel Pioneer. All I was able to do was look at the 45TX manual.)

This, coupled with only have 2 optical inputs is making the 2803/3803 look more and more appealing. It's a shame, because I really wanted a Pioneer Elite with MCACC. (at the bare minimum, I need inputs for DVD, VCR, Tivo, and 3 game systems.)

- Mike

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
I hear ya on the optical inputs, I was a little bumbed with that myself, but it has a few other digital coax ins, so I can just use those too. I can try to get a pic of the back of mine if you really want one, this way you can make up your mind about that part. I would highly recommend you go listen to the 53TX and the Denon you are looking at, the sound quality may over power the little inputs :) I think it has everything else you can want though :D

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Scott, I don't know if your like me or not? But I always love to have the catalogs on things I've bought. Besides electronics, I've always had the car catalogs too & believe it or not I have had people's faces light up when I give them the original box, owners manual & the catalog when I have been selling stuff. I think it's just another way of leting people know that you did your homework on something & really cared about it. I just sent for a NEW Pioneer Elite catalog a couple of weeks back & they sent me last years so if you want the catalog with your 53TX in it I would wait a few months & then request one.

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
I keep all original boxes and manuals, where did you request the Elite catalog and whatnot from? I would love to have that to go with the receiver. Thanks!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Go on Pioneer's website & there is a form to fill out requesting a catalog or you might be better off calling them to see if they have the "New" catalogs in yet. If not maybe they will put you on a mailing list & send you one when they come in or give you an idea when they will have them & when to call back.

From the back of the Pioneer Catalog.
For Dealer Referals or Product Information 1-800-PIONEER
For Customer Service or Parts 1-800-421-1404
Hope This Helps You Out!

The catalog I got that has last years models in it says Winter 2002 on the cover (The old catalogs must have been getting scarce & that's all they had left laying around) so you probably would be looking for the 2003 Catalog.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks