What's new

HTS2000 MKII PowerCenter vs. HTS 2100 PowerBar (1 Viewer)

JoeyTadeja

Agent
Can someone tell me what the difference between these two Monster Cable power bars? Does one perform better noise filtering than the other?

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
I did some research on these two and found that the "Powerbar" has switched outlets while the hts doesn't. I believe they both have the same filtering...IMPO...Monster is way over priced.
I finally went with a Tripp Lite HT10DBS, it has great filtering(which I did notice on my tv sound) and has a good reputation for being a great surge protector!

When I was researching, I found Monster was cheapest at Etronics.com ($100 cheaper than box stores)and Tripp Lite's prices didn't vary more than $10, so this tells you about the markup!

JoeyTadeja

Agent
Thanks. The two models have a big difference in pricing. What is the advantage of having switched outlets? Looks like the PowerBar 2100 is more convenient to hang on the wall plus it would give you less clutter the way the outlets are arranged and it has a few more fancy lights. However, the cheapest I found is $200 while the PowerCenter 2000 MKII only costs $124. Interesting that the 10-outlet HTS 2500 MKII costs less ($167) than the PowerBar.

http://www.thetwistergroup.com/store...TS2500MKII.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks