What's new

htpc -where to buy - what to get? (1 Viewer)

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
i would like to get a htpc -custom built , or a nice pre made in -a- box deal, that is the most cutting edge. i have a dvr , so it is not my main concern , however i would like to be able to copy (backup) some dvd's. can anyone point me to some people who make the coolest rack mountable units?
thanks

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Just had to say those Alienware systems look nice but those prices are a complete ripoff. :thumbsdown:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Just to toss in my 2 cents.

I am so far VERY happy with my newest purchase of THIS PC.

Not sure of what exactly qualifies as a HTPC, but after buying a TV 2000XP card and another 512mb memory the total cost of the machine after my (PC) rebate is around $875.

Best Buy just signed up with these folks to sell these and like I said, so far I'm very pleased with it's performance.

I'll be capturing some video this weekend so that will be one of it's biggest tests.

I'd hook it up to Directv, but it's to far from the cable outlet to make use of the PVR etc included on the TV card.
:frowning:

Alfer

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
i think i am most interested in cleaning up my video sources with perhaps holo3graph II video processor, it sounds like a hot lick , but im not sure if its going overboard... i have a projector with vga dsub input at best, its a mits xd300u.. so can i get a computer built with this in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks