What's new

HTF REVIEW: Happy Days: The Complete First Season (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
So? Why would that make a difference in compressability? I would think that since video tends to be lower detail, it would compress better.

8 eps per disc is going to be about 200 minutes. That's just in the range of what looks good.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Just got the set, and it looks GREAT! Or, I should say, I've actually watched three episodes on my PC so far, and they look great.

This was the HAPPY DAYS I loved - those early American Graffitiesque eps that really captured the feel for the times.

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
My first post here,
I picked up HD today for $32.99 CAD or just over $2.00/episode. I really like the packaging and the DVD covers resembling 45's looks neat. I watched the first disc and the picture and sound looks great and it was a pleasure to re-watch the episodes in broadcast order. The only drawback is that there are no extras, but the presentation and quality of this set makes it worth buying even as a blind buy. For those that are on the fence about this one, lean to the buy side, you won't be disappointed.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I do have to admit one thing while watching Season One. As much as I only want the first couple of seasons and think the show went downhill after it became "The Fonzie Show," there's no doubt that Fonzie is the most interesting character. After awhile, the first season feels like the "Richie and Potsie show". We wait for the key moment where Fonz interacts -- but his input went way overbaord as the series progressed, unfortunately.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
The story lines in Season One are interesting enough. I just can't stand that there are only 16 episodes.

I agree about the "Potsie and Richie" show... you even yearn to see Ralph Malph, who by the third season was not the "man about town" type of guy.

I like the last few seasons anyway with the refurbished Arnold's. The only thing bad about those last seasons was that Richie was not anymore apparent in the storylines.

Out of the first two seasons, season two was more interesting.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I've just about finished this set, and I have only two episodes to go. I'll tell you that the picture quality gets less crisp on Season One as the episodes go on. It appears that certain sections of the later eps change from sharp and clear to dupey looking in some scenes. Could this be due to newly replacing footage that had been missing in syndication? A good example is the card playing scenes between Mr. & Mrs. Cunningham and their friends in the episode "BECAUSE SHE'S THERE".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks