What's new

HTF is Now Running On the New Server! (1 Viewer)

revgen1

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
I can no longer access my original account. Password no longer works, so I had to create a new one. My old one is revgen.

I couldn't ask for a new password because the email I used for the old one is no longer active. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dr Griffin said:
Had trouble including a Youtube video in a forum post. Has the procedure changed? It showed up in the preview, but not in the actual post.
Stanley,

Sorry this is happening to you. I'll try to duplicate and get back to you.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We had some issues with old posts, but they were resolved yesterday. Martin - any issues you're still having?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What happened? Yesterday, the site was loading quicker than Wall Street bankers cleaning out the Treasury. Now it seems to loading slower than before the upgrade.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes, it is definitely better today. It still doesn't seem quite as fast as the first few hours after you guys went live again, but some of that initial speed could probably be explained by a light server load after coming back online. Right now it is pretty quick, much better than when I posted my first comment. It was really lagging for me at that time.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Guys, I don't know if this is relate3d to teh server upgrade or not, but when editing a post I no longer have the option to suppress the "edited" tag. I also can't seem to find the notifications options on posts. You know, the ability to be emailed when someone replies to a topic? Any ideas?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
dpippel said:
I also can't seem to find the notifications options on posts. You know, the ability to be emailed when someone replies to a topic? Any ideas?
Doug:

Don't you set those universally in your Profile>Edit>Notification Options?

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Yesterday I reported a reply I made that had the full script showing, and now the post is gone!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Mike Frezon said:
Doug:

Don't you set those universally in your Profile>Edit>Notification Options?
I do Mike, but there used to be radio button and drop-down options for this when I posted to a topic or created a new one. Within the message editor itself. The Profile settings are blanket opt-in or opt-outs as far as I can tell. I was referring to the ability we used to have to turn on notifications for individual posts or threads. It seems to have gone missing along with the option to suppress displaying "Edited by on " when you edit a post.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
dpippel said:
I do Mike, but there used to be radio button and drop-down options for this when I posted to a topic or created a new one. Within the message editor itself. The Profile settings are blanket opt-in or opt-outs as far as I can tell. I was referring to the ability we used to have to turn on notifications for individual posts or threads. It seems to have gone missing along with the option to suppress displaying "Edited by on " when you edit a post.
Doug, these were probably add-ons that broke during the migration. I'll take a look.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I see.

Not sure this helps...but this is how I manage things: I have my universal settings set for site only "notification list" (no e-mails) for any threads to which I'm subscribed. So then, if I want notifications whenever posts are made to a thread I've posted in (and automatically follow) I'm all set. And if I want to be notified about new posts in a thread to which I haven't posted, I just click on the "follow" button at the top of the thread page.

I never noticed the buttons to which you refer before...

I will never cease to be amazed at the numerous permutations that can be used to surf this forum (and apparently are)!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dr Griffin said:
Yesterday I reported a reply I made that had the full script showing, and now the post is gone!
Doc,
I'm sorry. Your post didn't disappear on its own, it was actually deleted because of a bug that broke the post. I'm very sorry, but am happy to report that issue is now fixed.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks