What's new

HTB 544 - Where? (1 Viewer)

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Does anyone know of a brick and mortar retailer that sells the Kenwood HTB 544. Circuit City has the 504 but not the new one with the upgraded receiver.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Todd

Wes C

Supporting Actor
I have yet to see the 544 in stores. I did see that someone else on the board saying that their local Circuit City was not recieving anymore 504's, perhaps to make room for the 544. You can buy it from www.crutchfield.com who is just as reliable as any real store.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I don't see either of the Kenwood's on Crutchfields web site under Home Theater Systems. Anyone know what the price is and how much for shipping.

Todd

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
The only difference is that the 544 has the VR-509 receiver, while the 504 has the VR-507 receiver. VR-509 has better remote than VR-507 and 509 has component video switching, that's about the only difference. I recently bought it from Crutchfield for the $499 + $13 shipping, no tax. Arrived in 2 days. Love the system, would highly recommend it. Music sounds surprisingly good, tv sounds great especially with the Dolby Prologic II, and movies are fantastic with Dolby Digital and DTS. It's really a great buy.

I ordered the 504 through Circuit City two weeks ago. But I found out later they did not even have it in their warehouse and would have to order it from the factory. After reading this board, I tunred around and ordered the 544 (in stock) from Crutchfield for $499 + 13. for shipping. It came in the old 504 box with 544 update taped to it (with the 509 reciever). It worked perfectly from the minute I hooked it up.

I have also read on here somebody oredered the 544 from msjho.com (or something like that) for less than $400. But, I know and trust Crutchfield and like their return policies, very good history of customer service.

Good luck. It sounds great. You won't believe the bass and I haven't even really turned it up yet.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
The big problem I have ordering on line is that I live alone and take public transportation to work. It would be a lot more difficult to have it sent to work and worrying about getting it home than finding a place to pick it up myself. I guess I could have UPS hold it for me to pick up, right?

Todd

Yes, you can order through Crutchfield and have it sent to your nearest UPS Hub. You can then go pick it up when it comes in.

Crutchfield provides tracking numbers where you can track it from beginning to the end. Over three days, I tracked mine from Roanoke, VA through TN, to Jackson, MS.

I had mine delivered directly to me, but I'm sure they can send it just to your nearest UP HUB, where you can pick it up.

Good luck. I'm loving it. In the last week since hooking it up, I've watched Pearl Harbor, Independence Day, Jurassic Park III, Star Wars TPM, Fast and the Furious, and Shrek. Life is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks