What's new

Kenwood VR-509 now I need speakers (1 Viewer)

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Bye
I just bought the kenwood 509 receiver, my first attempt at home theatre. Now I need a set of good but not too expensive speakers.

I think that I got a pretty good deal on the receiver $380 canadian about $235 US. I just discovered this forum and I found out that the 509 is part of the HTB 544. This system is available for about $430US on the net. My questions are:

1. Can I find a decent set of speakers for about $200US? (at least as good as the ones in the HTB 544)Where? Canada would be great.

2. If not does anyone know where I can find the HTB 544 in Canada, so I can pick one up and return my separate receiver

thanks

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
A lot of people here are going to recommend the JBL nsp1 set, which includes 4 JBL N24's for main and surround and 1 N-center for the center channel. I personally have never heard them but alot of people like them. They can be had for around $200 or $250.

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Bye
thanks for the reply. Is there also a good set which includes a sub?

thanks

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I can't think of any off-hand that come with a sub. The only one that comes to mind is the Kenwood but you already have that receiver. Another option you have is to buy the NSP1 set and get the Sony WM40 subwoofer for around $150. I have the Sony sub and I don't think there is a better sub for the money. This would be an excellent set up for around $400 total.

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Flexing your budget up to $400 will make a world of difference. Even if you would have to put off the theater project for some time to save, it would be well worth it.

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon Bye
Thanks for the replies. This thread should probably have been in the newbie section.

I went ahead and posted a started a similar thread there.

Maybe a mod can close this one

thanks(I am going to try and save a few extra bucks to up my budget)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks