What's new

HT Speakers (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
I'm about 99% HT very little 2 Channel Music. Mostly all my listening is DVD Movies.

What speakers would be right for me in the $1500-$2000 range. I have a SVS Sub so I basically am looking for a 7 speaker setup for 7.1.

Thanks

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I usually recommend looking at some of the Internet-direct companies: Ascend, Axiom and Onix (Rockets) all have offering that would fit your budget.

Axioms have a reputation as being a bit brighter than the others (though I have not heard them) and the Rockets the least bright. The Ascends come in black—that is the only choice; Axiom has a variety of finishes—they are all vinyl; Rockets are only available in rosewood or ebony—both are beautiful, but if dark woods are not your cup of tea, you might not like these.

Good luck.

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
I have the nOrh ceramic 4.0s for my surround set up and love em. I also have an SVS sub and these speakers match wonderfuly (sonically speaking). 5 speakers for 850.00...check out their site at www.norh.com

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I'll give you my personal recommendation -- Paradigm. They have several series that would fit your budget, but probably the Monitor series would be the best "fit" for your budget. With that budget you should be able to get Monitor 7s for the front, CC-370 for surround and Mini-Monitors for surround. By coincidence, that is the speaker set-up I own and have been very happy with.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Thats the exact setup I have now (Paradigms). My room will be doubling in size when I move and feel I might need a better speaker. How are the swans for Home Theater? Anyone have experience with this brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks