How to access DTS, DD on DVD-A?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Carson E, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Carson E

Carson E Agent

I'm having trouble finding the DD and DTS soundtracks on the DVD-A disks.
    Using a Panasonic RP-82, when the screen comes up or I select the menu I only get the DVD-A surround or 2 channel options.
    The disks claim DVD-A 6 channel, 2 channel, DTS, DD. (4 ways to play)
    I cant find the option in my hardware to be able to access the DD and DTS and changing audio while playing only gives me the 2 "Advanced Resolution" choices.
    Any help much appreciated.
    RP-82 connected to a Denon 3803.
    6-channel Ext. in and Coax digital connected.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

On the 45a/47ai, you have to go into the player's setup menu system, not the menu of the disc, and change it from DVD-A to DVD-V.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Your Panasonic is probably set up similarly to the way Kevin describes for his Pioneer. My Technics has a "DVD-Video" mode you have to manually set up in the menu before inserting a disc. I've used it to check DTS and DD tracks for curiosity's sake. I wouldn't bother if I were you, the advanced resolution tracks sound better.

4. Carson E

Carson E Agent

Kevin and Philip, Thank you for taking time to help.
    It was the DVD Video Mode setting. I knew I had had it before. Just brain freeze and not the best manual for help.
    I agree Philip, the advanced resolution tracks do sound much better. I was trying to demo how much better and couldn't make the comparison. I'll get them back over now that I can make the comparison possible.
    Thanks again for the help.[​IMG]