What's new

How powerful is the PB12-Plus/2 sub. (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
Yeah, what I need is for Tom and Ron to come knocking on my door with both of them, willing to do a side by side comparision. :D

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

lol!

actually, if you're still a few months away from pulling the trigger, I might be in the same price range as you for a bigger SVS. I love my PB-10, but I have had every intention of getting back into a larger model again. We might could work it out where if you order a larger one and end up feeling it's overkill, I could just buy it from you. You definitely don't want to be shipping these things back and forth, but since we live so close maybe this would be like the next best thing to having Tom and Ron come over :) Just a thought....

mylan

Screenwriter
Not a bad idea and it is definitely going to be a few months before I can pull the trigger on this unless I can sell my Velodyne to a music lover. ;)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

Cool....we usually stay in touch every so often anyway, so I'll just keep tabs on where you are with everything. I'm still tempted to just add another Pb-10, but this might give me an excuse to get another nut-kicker in here :)

mylan

Screenwriter
Excellent, would you like your/my plus 2 in finely textured black or would we prefer the rosewood?

RaeZZY

Auditioning
Real Name
Rae
The PB12 Plus/2 is more than enough sub for me.
My room is about 2200ft3 and i have had it making my vision blur on some scenes in DVD's.
Probably the best rule to follow is to look down the track, and consider if you might have a larger room in the future, if so then you will need more bass.

I intend to keep my sub for a long time, so i didnt see the point in dealing with "Buyers Remorse" later down the track, and just bought more than thought i needed at the time.
Besides, if the sub isnt working very hard to give you what you want, thats a good thing.
T.V has been quoted as saying that "with the PB12 Plus/2 you get the most bang for buck" and that "you get 90% of the Ultra/2's performance for 60% of the price".
If you read some of the reviews, they all say the same thing.
It really is a beast for the $$$$.
How can you loose?

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Mylan,

That's over 4,000 cubic feet (assuming 8 foot ceilings and that the opening to the other room is large, not just a small doorway). Get the PB12-Plus/2. The $600 buys you the headroom you'll need in that large a space.

-Robb

mylan

Screenwriter
Yeah, thats kinda what I figured and actually what Ron suggested. Its just that getting one will be pushed back further assuming I still want a roof over my head and food in the meantime!

Ron Temple

Stunt Coordinator
My 20-39+ corner loaded in a 2000^3 room that opens to another 5000, 12' from LP delivers, without strain, peaks in the low 110s at -10 (content dependent). I know, had I considered the additional 5000 cube when I discussed this with SVS, they probably would have recommended a /2. It does a great job even so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks