What's new

How often do you buy DVD's that were released over 5+ years ago? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The Phantom looks pretty good. Because I'm using a 27 inch direct view @ the moment, I'll usually pop it in my PC to check for EE haloing (my direct view is very good at picking up macroblocking and other artifacts), and this seemed to be at a minimum. The DD 5.1 track is top-notch. My only true complaint is a minor one: the beginning of the end credits reel suffers from some nasty dirt blobs. There was a bit if what I thought was ghosting during a scene @ around 1:11:00 into the film, but I think it's a case of a digital effects artifact--the scene takes place in a cockpit, and there's a full colour reflection of Treat Williams on the side window of the cockpit.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
My concern is not so much when it was released. It's 'has it been released for so long (and is so popular) that the studios are planning a SE/Anniversary Edition in the next few months?'
I've wanted to pick up Seven Brides for Seven Brothers for a while but the snapper case held me back. Last week I got the 2-disc Special Edition for $20.
The same thing is holding me back on getting WarGames. I keep hearing rumors about a SE and am waiting. It's not a 'gotta have it now' movie since I have enough on my plate trying to keep up with watching what I have bought but I would like to add it to my collection.
My collection - although not as impressive as some people, wow, wish I had the money to invest - recently went through a shift. There are more items on my want list that is unavailable (unreleased or out-of-print) than on the want list that are available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks