What's new

How much are line doublers? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I was told a line doubler for me will eliminate the visibilty of seeing scan lines on my 4X3 RPTV. What's the cost these days of line doublers?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
If your RPTV is an NTSC or analog set, you would not be able to use a line doubler with it...HD ready sets already have built in line doublers.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
If your tv can accept progressive inputs (HDTV ready, that is), you can use a cheap version 1 ISCAN line doubler that can be purchased for $150 used. The pro version of this can be picked up for $400-500. HDTVs already do contain line doublers but unless they cost upwards of $2500, their internal line doublers can be bested by the ISCAN units.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
My TV is a Two yr old Sony 4X3 analog set. I sit 16 feet away from the screen and the scan lines are just barely visible. If I could totally eliminate this (relatively cheap) I would like to. So, would a line doubler work?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Only if your TV accepts a 480P input.

Yours does not.

You are out of luck.

Regards

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
for richard...

maybe, but I predict not by much because the new XBRs have a de-interlacer built-in. I believe it's the same one used in the Sony progressive scan DVD players (Genesis). At any rate, you're gonna get 3:2 pulldown for any source connected to your XBR.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Does 3:2 pull down work on ntsc signal? You know a regular brodast? And My prog. dvd plaver has the option for selecting video or film or auto for the pulldown, what i wanna know is how can you tell which one your dvd is? So I just do auto detect.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
does the toshiba 50H81 have 3:2 pulldown? Just curious. I get mine next tuesday and truly cannot wait...but i guess i have to.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks