What's new

How many divorced or single people do we have here? (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Good to hear. :) A happy 90 something year old woman gave me some advice that I'll pass onto you "Always do what you think is right". :emoji_thumbsup:
Jon

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Thanks Jon!
Smart old woman! At that age you KNOW she knows what she is talking about! If she still has her wits about her that is.:)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Tonight she is whacked again, now she wants to stay in the house together, but as roommates and friends, I think she's gone loco and I am just at the point where I want her to go to sleep so I can escape into a movie or something. But I'm just going to let it ride and ignore her and if she goes away GOOD! There are a lot more fish in the ocean and I am about ready to do some fishin'!

Sorry for the ups and downs and feel free to ignore this thread, as I'm in a tight spot, and only I can make thee right decision.

Thanks everyone again for participating in my dysfunctional thread!

Vanessa

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd pop in here as another single person, always have been, though I'm only 23...

Sean -

I want to wish you the best of luck with this, however it works out. It sounds like she doesn't really know what she wants other than a change... Try to take it one day at a time, and it will get better.

Vanessa

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'm going to chime in again. This may sound a bit harsh, but I do feel that it makes sense and, again, it's only my opinion with your best interests in mind.

It sounds as though she is stringing you along a bit. Back and forth. She can't make up her mind whether she wants to stay or go. It's not fair to expect you to live like that. I say, if she can't make a decision, then you should.

My ex was the same. One day he wanted to break up, the next he didn't. We went back and forth so many times. The last time we got back together I told him flat out that if he ever tells me he wants to break up again, that's it, it'll be his final answer and there will be no turning back.

A few weeks later, he told me again that he wanted to break up. My response was "Ok, fine" and I asked him to start looking for a new apartment immediately.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm single, and while I'm alone alot, I don't feel I'm lonely. I guess being an only child helped in coping with not having a lot of people around, and becoming self-reliant.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Sean,

Let me begin by saying I think it is admirable that you pretty much are a stay at home father. Your kids will appreciate that more than you know. Now:

1. I do not think she wants to go dancing once a month so much as she wants a date night for just the two of you once a month with no kids involved. Make it a special evening for the both of you.

2. Being the spiritual leader means you take the lead. You lead the family in prayer and spend time with her in prayer. You read the Bible together. You take the family to church and be with them there. You teach your kids about what you beleive and why you believe it. Talk to your wife first and find out what she believes and why. It is very good that you believe in God, but do you also believe in Christ and what He did for you on the cross? There is a big difference in between believing and knowing. A good passage for both of you to read together is 1 Corinthians 7 and then talk about it afterwards.

3. Listen to her and what she is saying. Talk to her and communicate with her. Remember how special she is.

4. Send her cards, flowers, and unexpected pleasures that you know she will enjoy and savor. Go out on a picnic with her to a romantic spot and take care of everything. Give her a romantic bubblebath done over candlelight. I'm sure she would appreciate it.

You two married saying that you would would be commited to each other until death. Do not stray from that. Both of you need to eliminate anything having to do with separation or divorce from your vocabulary as that is not an option. If you do not love each other you need to romance each other and find and revitalize that love.

Lastly, you are not nor ever will be her god. Only Christ is and He should be first and formost. It is also not His will that you two should part paths. The Bible is very clear on that issue. Work things out if at possible.

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
Twice Divorced here. Thought the second one would last, but alas, she should have never said Yes....We just don't have anything in common.

A little joke here to liven to mood.

How is a marriage and a Tornado similar.?

They both start with a lot of sucking and blowing, and in the end you loose your house...

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Thank you everyone again!
Rain: Thanks bud! You're right she is stringing me along, I think she is making me a scapegoat for her inner madness:), I really thank you for being there for me through this week, You are truly a friend.
BryanZ: Thanks for your input, and that's exactly what I'm going to do! Exactly!! Thanks!
Chuck: Now are you twice bitten thrice shy? I sure would be. If my "wife" and I happen to break up, I will NEVER say "I DO" again! Unless........it's Drew Barrymore, then I'm over a barrel again, and would probably get suckered into that one.:)
Thanks again guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks