1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you hook up Xbox over LAN?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_B, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

Been wondering this for a while.

How do you hook up multiple Xbox's to play over a LAN? Do you have to have a computer? Hub? Do you have to have a computer with network card? Please help the LAN illiterate.

Thanks,

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

If you have 2 boxes, just an ethernet cable will do. 3 or more? Just plug em all into a hub. Actually works quite nicely.

3. JustinT

JustinT Stunt Coordinator

We have dsl networked in our house through a router. Just plug the xbox into the router...works like a charm!

4. Scott FP

Scott FP Agent

On a Xbox to Xbox hook up is it straight ethernet or cross over?

Another question for those that have LAN. How does the sound work? Say you were playing NASCAR over a LAN. I would imagine each TV would produce the sounds of the game as if you were playing by yourself?

I noticed in split screen mode it was hard to tell if the sounds I was hearing related to my car or the other player.

5. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

I can't speak for NASCAR, but the only sounds you hear in Halo over a LAN are what the players *on your screen* would hear.

For Xbox->Xbox hookups, you use a crossover cable. For hub-based connections, use a straight cable.