What's new

What is up with Ghost Recon? (1 Viewer)

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
I just got this game a few days ago, and for the most part I love it. When my three other friends saw how fun co-op play was, they too went out and got a copy. We're a very social group, and we like multiplayer games. We often do little LAN parties and play Halo. The fun-factor just isn't there when playing online, by yourself. Combine that with the fact that broadband internet is not available to any of us, and it would seem that system-link play is our only option.

So Saturday night I pack up my Xbox along with my new copy of Ghost Recon, and I head over to my friend's house. Ten minutes later, everything is all hooked up, teams have been assigned, and beers distributed. We spent 30 minutes trying to get 4 people playing on two Xboxes. Nowhere in the game's manual does it say it doesn't support more than one player per Xbox. We finally had to go online to find this out. Lemme get this straight: I can play two-player/co-op, but I can't play two-player/co-op during system-link play? WTF!!!!?!?
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
(Imagine four really pissed-off, slightly beer-buzzed guys who have nothing better to do on a Saturday night)

Is this a bug in the game? I can't even grasp the level of incompetence required to actually make a mistake as big as this. Did they do this on purpose? I can't even grasp the level of ineptitude management must have had to make a decision like that. Why the hell would I even hook up another Xbox for system link play, when it doesn't offer anything? Ubi Soft: Next time, just remove the system-link functionality so people like me don't get our hopes up just to have them shattered, causing us to get all pissed off and write you nasty-grams.

Sorry for the rant, but this is just plain stupid. I'm sure they have some excuse like "not enough bandwidth" or "not enough memory". Shut up. Just shut up, and spend the time to release a quality product (MechAssault can do system-link, why can't you?).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's not enough memory on the local XBox. I'm sorry but Mechassualt has a lot fewer animation cycles to deal with, variations in terrain, movements,texture maps etc

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Like I said, a poor excuse. You can't make me believe that they've already hit the limits of the Xbox's performance.

Will Halo 2 support 4 players on one Xbox? If not, I know several people who will be VERY pissed (again). Time for more nasty-grams.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks