What's new

How do you guys handle damaged discs? (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I purchased Battlestar Galactica from WalMart many months ago.

We have just gotten around to watching it and the 6th disc is damaged to the point where the DVD player just locks up.

How should I go about trying to get this disc replaced when I am most likely past any return date set by WalMart?

Andy

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I always take it back to the store I get it from. I explain that I watched the other discs and that they are fine and want to swap the disc out of the replacement set with the defective. That way I don't have to watch the discs again checking for defects. I never have a problem doing that.

The fact that you are doing it many months after might be a problem. Give it a try. If they don't accept it, get in touch with the distributer.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I had a similar problem with the From Earth TO The Moon set where I was missing the 6th disc. I emailed HBO Home video and they sent me out a 6th disc for free. You might be able to do the same.

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator

Where do you find the email addresses for the companies to send messages for replacing defective DVD disc?

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
I always import my sets from Amazon.ca. It may be a bit more expensive than other online shops and I have to pay customs for sure especially since I always order a few shows together so the shipment is pretty "big".
But nobody beats their service (or any Amazon.com in any country) in my opinion. If I have a scratched disc or broken box (the former happened twice, the latter once) they exchange it immediately. And since I usually use a fast shipping option I have my replacement set here in two or three days. The damaged set I will send back when I got the replacement.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Very Carefully. I had 5 problems with my Mash Complete Series box set cause of the way the discs were.

imagine it the only dvd ever to have disc probs. Never had a prob til i got this set.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Have you tried cleaning it? (Granted, you shouldn't have to, since it's never been out of the box before....) Mike Frezon suggested in another thread using eyeglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth, available at chain eyewear stores like LensCrafters. I've tried it on a few problem discs and it worked pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks