What's new

How do panny's compare to Pioneer's? (1 Viewer)

Chris Strasz

Stunt Coordinator
I've mentioned this in a few other posts, but I was in the process of getting an Pioneer SD533HD5. I haven't picked it up yet because I won't have time until mid this week to go sign the paperwork.

I was just curious prior to making the final call for this set how the panny's compare to this? I'm okay paying the extra price for the Pioneer since i've heard good things about its build quality and image quality/features in general.

However, I've researched a lot of other brands and never really bothered checking out the panny's much (Not sure - I'm just not that impressed with panasonic equipment in general but I'm always willing to give things a try). How do panny rptv's compare to the pioneer i was looking at? Any feedback is most appreciated. Thanks!

Jon Alan

Auditioning
For some reason in the past, I had never associated Panasonic with quality electronics. Don't know why...I've never owned anything Panasonic, or known anyone who had.

For that reason (maybe even a mistake on my part), I passed on purchasing a Panasonic DVD player a while back (prior to researching home theater forums). Someone mentioned a Panasonic RP82, and my reaction was, "a Panasonic"?

Back to your question. Since then, I have purchased a panny 53WX42 RPTV. I've had it for a couple of months now, and am completely satisfied with it. It has a good picture after some tweaking, converging, etc. Planning to have it calibrated in February.

Bottom line, it is definitely worth looking into. Panasonics are generally less expensive than comparable Pioneers. And from what I've read, after professional calibration, most sets tweak out to be very equal in picture quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks