What's new

Panny DMR-E60 Spontaneous Purchase & blank DVD-RAM Deal (1 Viewer)

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
I cant believe it. Typically I research hardware to death before pulling the trigger. I guess the time was right.

2 weeks ago I got a $100 Best Buy gift card ... on Saturday, I went browsing (alone!) I couldn't resist this deal.

$569.00 DMR-E60 Sale price
-$100.00 BB Gift Card (Thanks Mom :) )
-$100.00 new promo gift card (by mail)
-$ 30.00 BB Rewards credit

=$339.00 Net final "cost" to me

I'm really growing fond of this unit. Considering how many things it can do, it was pretty inherently easy to start using. The manual is poor, but I didn't really need it.

DVD Playback is a HUGE improvement compared to my 1st gen Pioneer (still going strong). This new player/recorder is a great compliment to my new InFocus X1 DLP Projector.

Last night,I recorded several shows on DVD-RAM and they looked incredible. I'm most impressed with the Flexible Recording (FR) Bit Rate (tell it how long the target show is and the unit chooses the max bit rate possible to fit on the disc).

All my home movies are soon to go to DVD-RAM. With post-added chapter stops and playlists, I can essentially create edited videos anytime, while still archiving all the source footage on the same disc.

I also found a clearance sale on DVD-RAM media this week at Sears (of all places) $10.99 for 3 = $3.66 ea. Get 'em while the gettin's good.

BTW .. this is the unit with the memory card reader. kind of a cool way to mega-archive my digi-pics. Cant wait to try a few DVD-R recordings ... our local team is headed for the Little League World Series (regionals next week on ESPN!)

Scott

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I got the E80. They let me use a 10% off dvd players coupon, plus the $100 gift card mail in rebate, plus a "magic" instant $50 gift card got generated when it was rung up plus the rewards credit for $580 (630-50?). They somehow take $50 off and then charge $50 for the "free" GC. So I figure $450 plus tax for it!

I picked up the Fuji dvd-rams when they wer 40% off the week before. I had the e80 on order from a mail order until I got this deal. The $50 card was a surprise that I didn't even know of when I went to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks