What's new

How Do I Shop For Speakers? (1 Viewer)

JustinP

Stunt Coordinator
After doing various research on this forum and going into stores to audition speakers, I've finally decided to buy a pair of either the Paradigm Studio 40's or 60's, most likely next week. Problem is, I'm not sure what would be a good price for these speakers, nor am I sure what negotiating tactics would work to get a dealer to further lower his prices. I was wondering what those of you who bought the 40's or 60's (in the US) paid for your speakers (laminate prices, preferably), what would constitute a good deal, and how did you get the dealer to come down on his price?

Thanks,

Justin

Dan Seliger

Stunt Coordinator
I've always just shopped on the internet, print off a couple of price sheets that are the lowest and take them to a local dealer and ask them how close they can come to these prices. You'll probably pay a little more still but not having to ship them off in the event of a failure is a nice thing...
I bought a set of Klipsch Reference series and i'm more than happy with them :)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
It depends on the product you're purchasing & the salesperson you're dealing with. In my experience, it's rare to get more than 10% off on Paradigm equipment.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
For $775-800 you can get the Paradigm Studio 40 v2

$1000-1100 would be the cheapest you can get the Paradigm Studio 60 v2. (A more realistic price is 1400-1500)

If you went used, you could maybe knock off $100 or so from the lowest price I listed above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks