What's new

how about THE OUTCASTS (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this scarce program on home video in any way, shape or form?

I'd buy it in an instant.

The Outcasts ran 26 episodes in 1968 and 1969. It was a hardscrabble western that starred Don Murray and Otis Young as a bounty hunter and freed slave who team up to survive in the west by bringing in bad men. They stick together out of necessity rather than friendship, and a kind of grudging loyalty. The stories really focused on the conflicts between the two men and how they learn to get along. It was intelligently written, at times visually arresting, and acted extremely well by Young and Murray.

Thematically the program examined racism in a western context. An insightful, brutally honest program because it wasn't always flattering to its lead characters. It seemed true to life in 1968, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's still relevant today.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
I got my copies of the show from when it ran on BET in the late '80s. As for an official release from Sony? Well, I think the number of responses you see here indicates what the interest might be in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks