How about re-releasing the other Warlock?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Joe Schwartz, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

Since the 1959 western Warlock is coming out on DVD, it reminded me that I still don't have an OAR version of the 1989 Warlock with Julian Sands and Lori Singer -- the existing R1 DVD is P&S or full-frame. Is there any hope of an OAR re-release?

2. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

Yeah I like the first Warlock movie. I haven't heard any news about a re-release though. [​IMG]

3. jason:g

jason:g Stunt Coordinator

Warlock (Julian Sands) is an average time travel movie, another "fish out of water" story.

Warlock II (Julian Sands) is about druids.

A lot of these movies are "must-see" especially if you're a child of the '80s! [​IMG]

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I don't know, Jason, I think that Warlock is a very clever time travel movie with an extremely entertaining premise that we hadn't really seen until this film came along.

It deserves some new attention on dvd. The other films in the series I can either take or leave.

5. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

I have always been a fan of the original Warlock. It was one of the first DVDs I bought, and to this day, remains one of the very few 4:3 non OAR discs I own. Its one of those movies I like enough and have so little hope in a proper release, that I bought it just to own it.

I actually watched it this past Halloween, and after all these years still holds up as an entertaining movie.

I would very much love a 16x9 SE or even just a 16x9 barebones release. This type of movie seems right up Anchor Bay's alley. Perhaps someone from there will want to get ahold of it.