What's new

How about re-releasing the other Warlock? (1 Viewer)

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Since the 1959 western Warlock is coming out on DVD, it reminded me that I still don't have an OAR version of the 1989 Warlock with Julian Sands and Lori Singer -- the existing R1 DVD is P&S or full-frame. Is there any hope of an OAR re-release?

Joe:C

Second Unit
Yeah I like the first Warlock movie. I haven't heard any news about a re-release though. :frowning:

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
Warlock (Julian Sands) is an average time travel movie, another "fish out of water" story.

Warlock II (Julian Sands) is about druids.

A lot of these movies are "must-see" especially if you're a child of the '80s! ;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't know, Jason, I think that Warlock is a very clever time travel movie with an extremely entertaining premise that we hadn't really seen until this film came along.

It deserves some new attention on dvd. The other films in the series I can either take or leave.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I have always been a fan of the original Warlock. It was one of the first DVDs I bought, and to this day, remains one of the very few 4:3 non OAR discs I own. Its one of those movies I like enough and have so little hope in a proper release, that I bought it just to own it.

I actually watched it this past Halloween, and after all these years still holds up as an entertaining movie.

I would very much love a 16x9 SE or even just a 16x9 barebones release. This type of movie seems right up Anchor Bay's alley. Perhaps someone from there will want to get ahold of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks