What's new

Hooking up a subwoofer (1 Viewer)

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
I am considering in buying the Denon 2802, and I am curious how you hooking up a subwoofer on this receiver. I have looked at the back of this receiver, but all I see is a space for the preout. Do I need an amplifier to do this?
Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Yes, you'll need to use an amplifier. The amp could be built into the subwoofer(a.k.a. *powered subwoofer*)...or it could be a seperate/external amplifier dedicated for subwoofer usage(like HSU does).
TV

Craig W

Second Unit
Yes, you need to buy a powered sub or buy an external amp for a passive sub. Most receivers only have a preout for the sub. In fact I do not know of any receivers that have an internal amp for the sub. I believe there are some separates that include an extra amp channel for the sub.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Technics used to sell receivers with a built-in subwoofer amp. I think they also sold a passive subwoofer to use with it. I believe these were Pro-logic only receivers or maybe DD-ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks