What's new

How to sync audio to video? (1 Viewer)

Jvinsnes

Auditioning
Real Name
Joakim
Is there any free software that can adjust audio time alignment?

I am setting up a cheap home theatre using a Windows PC as my main media device hooked up to a Samsung 65 nanocell TV over HDMI and a homemade Subwoofer & speaker setup over a AUX->RCA cable. Preferably also equalizer software, as my amplifier only has a bass and treble knob.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Is there any free software that can adjust audio time alignment?

I am setting up a cheap home theatre using a Windows PC as my main media device hooked up to a Samsung 65 nanocell TV over HDMI and a homemade Subwoofer & speaker setup over a AUX->RCA cable. Preferably also equalizer software, as my amplifier only has a bass and treble knob.
Welcome!

There should be a menu setting to adjust audio sync, likely under HDMI or Sound settings. If you provide the exact model of your TV we can probably find the manual and narrow it down.

EQ capability in a HTPC environment will be heavily dependent on the capabilities of your sound card, whether it is a standalone component or built into to the main board. Again, to provide more specific information I would need to know what you are using.

Jvinsnes

Auditioning
Real Name
Joakim
It does not have a dedicated souncard unfortunately, it is an optiplex Micro pc. But the speakers are connected to the PC seperate from the TV, so I would have to adjust it on the PC, right?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
But the speakers are connected to the PC seperate from the TV, so I would have to adjust it on the PC, right?
OK. So you're using powered speakers connected directly to the PC with a connector like this one and a separate HDMI connection for video only? If that's the case I'm not sure how you would be able to sync the signals since they are essentially unaware of each other. Let me know if I have this wrong.

1671899914862.png

Ah thats cool! But I am running kodi, netflix, disney+ etc so it would be best to adjust it over the whole OS.
It doesn't work that way. Kodi does have a built-in feature to address audio sync. If you're using Kodi plug-in's for Netflix, Disney+, etc. then it may work universally but if you're running these services outside of Kodi it will not.

Jvinsnes

Auditioning
Real Name
Joakim
That is correct, video and audio outputs are seperate. So really what I need is to manually delay the video and just use a reference video to tune it while listening. Netflix etc is run from the windows app. I have a remote with shortcuts to open netflix etc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks