What's new

High Frequency roll off? (1 Viewer)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
In my new theater room I am building I am ending up with some long speaker cable runs for my fronts and passive subs.(Unavoidable in my room)

I am afraid this might end up giving me problems. My acutal run is 60 feet. Is there anything I could do to avoid a problem or do you guys think 60 feet should be ok?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just use an appropriately sized ga. of wire, and you should be fine. With what speakers? You will be drawing a lot of current with dual passive subs (explain why that is unavoidable? your HT site is closed...) In which case you will probably need to go 10ga or better.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
John thanks for the quick reply;

I am using XLO/VDO ER-11(12ga for LCR) and ER-12(9ga for 2 passive Subs). B&W speakers Bryston amps.

My room is very long, and the only good spot for my equipment was in the back of the room. The shortest way of routing my cables makes them about 60 feet long. I am getting mixed answers if it will be a problem or not. I am still a few weeks away before I will actually be able to test it, but I was just trying to see if anyone here had an answer to if its going to be a problem or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks