What's new

hiding speaker wire on floor (1 Viewer)

kingme

Auditioning
Real Name
Neil Goldsmith
I have a hardwood floor and I need to cross about a 10' threshold that gets alot of foot traffic. One caveat I have here is that there is a possibility we may be moving this summer (50/50) so I don't want to go through the walls and I'd rather not put nails in the wall if I can avoid it. What I'd really like to find is just a rubber floor covering so the wires can run under that and it will protect them. I found something like this at Home Depot however it was very wide (about 5") and only came in 2 colors. If possible, I'd want something more discrete. Something much thinner and with a variety of color choices to match to the floor, but haven't found anything online for it if it exists.

Any other alternatives? Is there flat wire that could work here?

thank you

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I had a similar issue before I moved to my house where I was able to run the speaker wire under the house - I got the covering at Home Depot - and after several people still took a header over it I got a small throw rug and put it over the top. The two together worked great - no more tripping and I didn't have to modify the house at all.

Bazzle

Auditioning
Real Name
Barry
That flat wire is good stuff, esp if running under a rug.

I have in the past been able to hide speaker wire under the skirting board next to the floor or laid even just at the interface.( L)

Bazzle

kingme

Auditioning
Real Name
Neil Goldsmith
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll check out the flat wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks