What's new

Help with the Tempest designs on Adire website. (1 Viewer)

Bob Hunzeker

Auditioning
Looked at plans for tempest and am confused by a few things. The ported SBB4 design states 194L dual 3" ports 5" long tuned to 18.8Hz. The plans show 4" ports, which is correct? Am new at LspCAD and get ports of 9.6" when I try the stated numbers, what did I miss? Maybe it was the fill since I have no idea what percentage to enter into Lsp for the 64oz of fill in the plans. Also in the sealed plans they show 3 designs going from audiophile to HT style bass with Q's of .577 .707 and .9. The Ported plans state that the Adire (the middle of the road) alignment is .577 and the SBB4 (HT/Rock) alignment is .707. Is that correct?
Bob Hunzeker
------------------

Craig LeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
I ran into similar problems when I started building one of the Adire vented boxes. I noticed some differences between the written dimensions and the ones on the diagrams. I emailed back and forth with Dan at Adire and we both concluded the final word on any differences should come from the schematics. After looking over everything, I decided to go witht he 142L EBS alignment cabinet... it's coming along nicely...just need to do the holes for the driver and port and finish gluing up the sub. I had ordered the Sub-V kit with the 3" diam port, the 142L box design is supposed to use a 4". I asked Dan and he said the difference would be 2-3db of SPL difference at the point of compression. SO in my case, I don't think I'll be hitting the 103-105db of SPL to actually notice the difference.
You're best bet is to email someone at Adire...that or wait until DanWiggins reads the forum. It's nice to deal with people who love their work and deal with their customers in helpful and friendly ways. After reading that story about the SVS guys...and my dealings with Adire... that's the way ALL companies should treat their customers. My hat's off to you guys... keep up the rumbling !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks