What's new

My DIY 214L Tempest made the Adire Audio Website Gallery!!! (1 Viewer)

Brett Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
:D
Well, I never thought I could do it but I e-mailed photos to Adire and Dan Wiggins and they posted it on their site in the DIY Gallery under Tempest Territory.
I am so happy with this sub I can not describe. It has FAR exceeded my expectations and for a total budget around $400!!! I just got done watching Live From Baghdad and when the bombs started exploding I thought my house was going to cave in on me in my Basement HT.
See links below or check out link to Adire........
http://www.adireaudio.com/diy_audio/..._territory.htm
Many thanks to Dan Wiggins, Adire Audio, Patrick Sun and all the other HTF members who helped me build my first DIY Sub. My only problem is now what to build next that will trump this..........HMMMMMMMMMM......I think I just read something about the Tumult, only question is are there any White papers or blueprints for cabinet designs for ported, sealed or PR designs yet?????
Thanks again all!!! :D

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Nice, only the best of the best subs get to make it on that page. It also takes interesting designs, and well thought out approach, and execution. :)
oh, and check out that pyramid looking sub. That one looks crazy doesn't it? :D

A

Anthony_Gomez

Brett, I followed your other thread. Congrats on getting in the gallery :)
and chris, those trunicated pyramids are pretty cool! I wonder who did them :D

HungLe

Agent
Hi,

May I ask what kind of router bit you used to cut the caps? I am planning on building one too.

Brett Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
Chris/Anthony- thanks a lot, you guys have been great in supporting me and hopefully I made you guys proud!!;)
Now, for my next subwoofer I want to build a single Tumult in a smaller box with a bigger/better amp? Is there any plans available yet??? I do not plan on designing and calculating all the box dim's and so on....I am just looking for a White Paper with some diferent options just like the Tempest or Shiva has. Then I can build the box per a hard drawing or blueprint. Much easier for a dimwit like me. Look out Chris, I'm not a carpenter but my bud is a custom cabinet maker and we've been doing our homework and your pyramid subs are sweet and original but we are scheming something good!
HungLe- I didn't have any caps on my sub!?? I built the 214L Tempest in the Adire Alignment NOT a Sonosub, please look at the pics/links if the post wasn't clear.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks