What's new

Help with Norton Antivirus 2002 (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I'm using a friends computer and he has Norton Antivirus 2002 on it. I decided to look it over to see if I want to upgrade from 2001. Anyway, aside from the bad looking GUI (compared to 2001) I can't find anything to do with checking incoming email. Where do I find these settings, which are very easily layed out on 2001.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

Supporting Actor
BTW, just noticed he has the Corporate Edition, if that makes any difference.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Found the Norton install discs. When I insert each of them, I get a lot of confusing choices as to what to install. Maybe he doesn't have the whole thing installed properly, who knows. Anyway, I'll be staying away from the Coporate Edition.

Thanks,

Jeff

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Use the 2nd cd and select the option "install on local client". It will automatically spot your email program.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I have NAV 2002 as part of SystemWorks. With it, the e-mail checking requires no configuration of the e-mail client. Just enable it in NAV. I guess it works in the same way a firewall such as Zone Alarm does, wedging itself into TCP/IP and keeping an eye out for any and all communications on the SMTP and POP3 ports.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks