What's new

Help! Problem with Norton Systemworks (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Friends,
Help. I cannot get my new copy of Norton Systemworks to install. I had previously installed Norton Internet Security which comes with Antivirus 2002. I have never had a problem.
Now I go to install Norton Systemworks (thinking it might be good to have the Cleansweep and wind doctor utilities) and it won't install unless I uninstall Antivirus 2002.
I don't have an uninstall option for Antivirus though! Also, I don't want to lose my personal firewall that came with the Internet Security package.
Of course, the Symantec customer service lines are busy beyond belief and no mention in the large owner's manual.
Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)
Lee
Lost in Norton land...

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Does it have a custom install option where you can install everything but NAV2002? When I installed Systemworks 2002, I did a custom install and chose which components I wanted to install; I'm guessing you can do the same.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Masood,

Good idea, but unfortunately it won't let you get to the custom install screen until you uninstall Antivirus.

I really just wanted WinDoctor and Clean Sweep so that would have been a great solution if I could have gotten that far in the install process.

Any other ideas?

Lee

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Found the solution. :) Internet Security Suite lets you uninstall Antivirus by itself. I did this and then installed the Antivirus on Systemworks and everything is okay.
The only problem is that it took a half hour to download all the product updates, but I dpo have a slow line.
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks