What's new

Help with new Vizio P55-F1and old Denon AVR-1613 (1 Viewer)

PMG

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Prange
Just picked up a P55-F1 Vizio and having a devil of time getting it to work correctly with my Denon AVR.

I have an old AVR-1613. Yes I know it doesn't support 4k but I don't have a 4k source yet other than streaming via the P55 options (Amazon, Vudu, etc).

When I plugged everything in, I ran the HDMI out (with ARC) from the AVR-1613 to the HDMI 1 port (with ARC) on the P55. When I try to watch cable/bluray, I get a "no video" error on the P55 unless I swap to HDMI 2 port (where it says AVR-1613 is connected, even when it's not).

When I try to watch streaming content, the AVR-1613 will swap to TV input for sound, but with AUTO selected on the P55 for audio out (or Dolby Digital) I just get clicks and pops. When I swap the audio out on P55 to PCM, I get sound, but it's not Dolby. Is this due to an HDCP issue where the AVR-1613 won't do Dolby on ARC??

So here are the problems:
HDMI 1 connected - video for stream/cast but audio issues on AVR-1613
HDMI 1 connected - no video from cable/blu-ray

HDMI 2 connected - video from cable/blu-ray, audio from AVR-1613 is normal
HDMI 2 connected - no video/audio from stream/cast

I know I've got something messed up somewhere - do I need to just reset the TV and start over? I just can't figure out how the TV decided the AVR was on HDMI 2 when it was initially plugged into HMDI 1.

I know I will be replacing the AVR soon and adding a 4k disc source. I do have a new HDMI cable that supports HDCP (just reused the old cables for now) would that help??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks