What's new

HELP! Possible screen sizes for 3 possible projectors (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Kyle:

Currently I have a Panasonic AE500 setup approx. 14 ft. from a 92" dia.16x9 screen as well as a dedicated 107" 2:35 screen that I mount over the 16x9 which itself is "semi-permanent". Material is blackout cloth ( usually have gain of 1.0 to 1.3 ) and I am sitting about 15-16 ft. back in a room that is 23'Lx13'Wx8'H. The Panasonic is great and the screen door just isn't there. Some people - like me - are quite picky and I find it very enjoyable in low lamp mode. The projector is zoomed in for the 16x9 screen and I zoom it out about half way for the 2:35 screen. I thought that the image suffered a touch zoomed out completely but then it could be my eyes were playing tricks on me as I was fiddling with the zoom alot! My speakers are about that height ( 4 ft. ) and both screens clear the top of them and they are also about 6 ft. apart. You may prefer your screen to be lower but even with the 16x9 screen only 10" from the ceiling I find that watching movies is relaxing with no one being uncomfortable. If you have been checking out the AVS Forum then keep doing searchs on that site and you will find enough info to make an informed decision on which projector to go with. Happy hunting!
:) :) :)

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks