What's new

Help me decide on a Theater System (1 Viewer)

delux0

Auditioning
Real Name
brad
Hey All and Happy New Year! I'm in the market for a home theater system and need some help deciding what to get. Here is my background...I'am a college student so I'm not looking to spend too much here, no more then 400. Also, this is were I'm really getting stuck...as I'am renting an apartment I cannot really screw in speakers since I wont be there forever, and I cant run a whole bunch of wires all over the place so I was thinking of maybe getting a system that has wireless rear speakers but there are not many that I can find. If this doesnt work out I'm sure I can figure away to run the wires without it being a mess. So far this is what I have found...please tell me what you think or have suggestions! BTW I currently have a 47' Vizio tv if that matters... Amazon.com: Yamaha YHT-395BL Complete 5.1-Channel Home Theater System: Electronics Wired Speakers Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S3400 5.1-Channel Home Theater System: Electronics Wired Speakers Amazon.com: Panasonic SC-BTT770 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-ray Cinema Surround Home Entertainment System: Electronics Wireless Speakers Amazon.com: Sony BDV-E570 Blu-ray Player Home Entertainment System: Electronics Wired Speakers *Im leaning towards the Panasonic SC-BTT770 what do you think? Good choice? Thanks for your help!!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I would go with the Yamaha because it has a real receiver and a powered subwoofer. The Onkyo also has a real receiver but has a passive subwoofer. Both of those systems don't incluse a BluRay player though. The problem with htib's like the Panasonic and Sony you listed is that if one part breaks, say the bluray player part, then you have to replace the entire thing. They also don't have the connections a real receiver will have and they don't work well with other components like gaming systems. The total price might be a little higher but you are better off in the long run. Also consider the Onkyo 5400 and the Denon 1312BA. AC$L.com carries Onkyo and Denon factory refurbished units which can save you a little money. They usually come with a one year warranty. http://www.ac4l.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks