What's new

Help...2 Smaller Subs vs. 1 Larger One (1 Viewer)

Eric A

Second Unit
I need help in deciding if I should go with 2 Earthquake 10" or 1 Earthquake 12" or I could even go with one SVS. My priority is HT slam and quickness with music. The sub needs to play loudly to at least 25hz which I believe the bigger ones will do but I'm not sure about the 2 smaller ones. My room is approx. 4000 cubic feet. Let me know what you think.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted an Earthquake 15 but I could not find a dealer, and after emailing the factory a few times with sorry responce, I gave up, hope their customer service is better than that, something you might think about, you know the SVS are great speakers real clean, if you want slam and punch for music you might look into a bandpass type speaker, they might fit what you are looking for. see if you can find some specs for the speakers you want, if you have the 2 earthquake 10's stacked you will get 6 extra db of gain, good luck

ian_graven

Grip
Whats your budget i'm sure we can find something superior in that price range.
Remember there is no replacement for displacement. 1 15" will displace more air than two similar 10" woffers.
Hell why bother just buy a malestrom and be happy:D

A

Anthony_Gomez

I agree with Richard...given this comment: " My priority is HT slam and quickness with music."

A PCpluss 25-31 would make you happy....2 of them would make you never leave the house.

If you are more into movies than music, you can go with the 20-39

ian_graven

Grip
I keep forgeting about that Tumult. I'm trying to make the make the transition from car audio into the home world. Please forgive me

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
I have an earthquake 10, that thing plays loud! i mean that thing beats my heart for me...it plays extremely low, i only have one in a 22x17 and i usually have it at 30% and 0 gain on the receiver, and i usually listen to movies at -20 not even reference and it blows my mind out....i think it has something to do with the active and passive drivers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks