What's new

Hello & Help! :) lp350 compat issue with Bravo (1 Viewer)

Emilio Soto

Auditioning
First I'd like to say hello and it is a joy to meet others with the same interest (obsession?) as mine. My problem stems from the Bravo dvi/dvd player I just purchased. I have a lp350 and can't seem to get the resolution right. at 480 the picture is small and with a big screen image on the right (but the picture is perfect). at 720 and higher the image is perfect but with lines running across. I can't adjust since this is a digital signal. Any ideas?? thanks

Emilio

Miles_W

Second Unit
Emilio,

A couple of people on AVS forum tried this combo also with the same results as you. Let me ask you a couple of questions. What firmware are you running on the 350, and also on the Bravo, If you load the newest version of the firmware on the Bravo, you can adjust the timings on the dvi, I would retry the projector at 1024x768 and starting from 60hz, all the way to 85hz. Hopefully it might clear up the problem. Let me know what happens I also have an LP350 and I am interested in this combo...

Miles

ps. Vinc have the bravo firmware for download on their website...

Emilio Soto

Auditioning
Hi Miles! I just tweaked my Bravo (I had the newer firmware already on it) and it LOOKS GREAT! I set it for the native 1024x768 and adjusted the freq to 60.03khz horizontal and 75.04hx vertical. I get an ever so slight flicker when just a still graphic is projected, but once the video starts I cant tell anything at all. There is a bunch of other mumbo jumbo about hsynv + vsync (total,pre,post, and active) as well as polarity settings which i know nothing about. tried to get through to Infocus but to no avail. I'm sure once this is set properly it will be even better. I thought the s-video was good, but this is MUCH better. I did have to increase the brightness and contrast some since the dvi signal comes out a bit darker than the s-video I was used to. I do miss out on the ability to fill up my screen with the standard/enhanced widescreen options, but the dvi picture is well worth it. I get a picture 106" wide projected at 19'. If only I could get my cable to look half way decent! Let me know if there is anything else i can do.

Emilio

Miles_W

Second Unit
Emilio,

did you install the newest firmware on the 350 I believe it is up to version 2.1

Miles

thanks for the timings...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks