What's new

Hellboy II Disc Problem (1 Viewer)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I recently got the SD Hellboy II Limited 3-disc edition, and I noticed that through the entire feature, there was a small green line on the right side of the screen. This is pretty apparent in really bright scenes (which there aren't many). If you skip to the chapter where they're in the mountains, when they meet the goblin creator of the golden army, it's really apparent. Could other owners of this film check their copies to see if it's a single disc issue, or if it's a press issue, please?

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Wonder if you need to bump the overscan on your TV up a tad to move that sliver of the image off from the viewable area of your screen...?

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I didn't notice anything like this, but I'll check the disc again to be sure.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
It's probably a problem with my disc copy then. I'll see about getting a replacement for it. Thanks

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Finally got my review copy back to recheck for this error. No green line on the right side of the screen. Tested numerous scenes, including the exterior hillside stuff - got nothing. CaseyL, I think you're right - it's a problem with your copy. Try another copy on your equipment and see what happens...

JPV555

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I had this problem as well with a review copy I received. Universal then sent another, same issue (both 3-disc and single disc). Happened with my big TV and even on my computer monitor, no idea why and never found a solution.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I had the same experience. I got a replacement from Universal, but it had the same problem. I just gave up. I guess I'll upgrade to bluray, since that doesn't seem to have the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks