What's new

Heard that VCI is looking for the right person to do a commentary track for RAIN! Who is the perfect choice? (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
When it comes to VCI, I think what they need are people who know what they're doing. I've only ever been happy with a single Blu-ray they've released and that was Dark Night of the Scarecrow. I'm wondering if that restoration was outsourced.
Dark Night of the Scarecrow 2 will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on May 10 via VCI Entertainment. The 2022 horror film is a sequel to Frank De Felitta’s 1981 made-for-TV cult classic.

Dark Night of the Scarecrow writer J.D. Feigelson returns to write and direct the follow-up. Amber Wedding, Aiden Shurr, Carol Dines, Adam Snyder, and Tim Gooch star.

octobercountry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fred
How about a tag team---an expert on Crawford, along with a general expert on pre-code films teamed up for a conversational sort of track? The current Crawford expert is undoubtedly Bryan Johnson, who runs the Crawford websites and Facebook groups. I would go so far as to say he probably knows more about Crawford than just about anyone now alive, and he's done such a huge amount of research that he's been able to definitively disprove a lot of the garbage that's been said about Crawford over the past 45 years.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
How about a tag team---an expert on Crawford, along with a general expert on pre-code films teamed up for a conversational sort of track? The current Crawford expert is undoubtedly Bryan Johnson, who runs the Crawford websites and Facebook groups. I would go so far as to say he probably knows more about Crawford than just about anyone now alive, and he's done such a huge amount of research that he's been able to definitively disprove a lot of the garbage that's been said about Crawford over the past 45 years.
that definatly would create some livly and informative banter. A nice addition to the overall offerings of this film!!

octobercountry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fred
that definatly would create some livly and informative banter. A nice addition to the overall offerings of this film!!
Well, I've posted the idea over on the "Concluding Chapter of Crawford" Facebook group, where Bryan can see it. I don't know if it's something that he could do, or would want to do, but he definitely has the knowledge to talk about Crawford. (And not in the ridiculously campy way--- where people present old untruths as fact---that just drives me nuts.... )

FriendlyGhost

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen
The film is so sophisticated for it's time. It's a cinematic stage play. Amazing camera movement in such an early talkie. There's a scene towards the end of the film where Crawford is alone in a room, frantically pacing, trying to figure her next move, that made me feel like I was in a theater audience watching her perform live, in-person. I just hope whomever they choose doesn't continuously try to explain the attitudes of the time to a modern audience. An audience should be encouraged to watch enough films that were made before they were born to figure out for themselves how attitudes and mores, production codes, etc. determine what's in a film of a given period. It's fine for a commentary to inform the uninformed once at the top, but when they start interpreting every word and gesture, it's too much.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I am eager to see who they go with when they announce the release, lot of outstanding ideas.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Thanks for posting that!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Do we need to order this from the VCI website?
They claim they plan for this SEPT release they should post it for pre-orders hopefully way before I never saw the film but the great comments here I am looking to grab a copy!

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Heard that the LOC let VCI borrow the 35mm Fine Grain of RAIN and the 4k transfer is complete still being worked on I assume. They are hoping for a Sept 2022 Blu Ray release. Now here's the fun part, they are looking for any suggestions for the right person to do the commentary track. Please everyone post your thoughts here I will send the link to VCI! Let's flood them with suggestions! Too bad I do not know anything about the film I would suggest myself!
Jeanne Eagels might have some interesting commentary.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Jeanne Eagels might have some interesting commentary.
not unless it's by a medium Chief - She was posthumously nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her 1929 role in The Letter after dying suddenly that year at the age of 39.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
not unless it's by a medium Chief - She was posthumously nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her 1929 role in The Letter after dying suddenly that year at the age of 39.
Hi Sir ---- I am really looking forward to this release, looking forward to seeing how the commentary works out -- so many great suggestions I hope they go with a team approach like you suggested!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
...and therein lies my very dry joke. And if you are going to use Chief, please precede it with "Sorry about that..."
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks