What's new

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Nowadays, when a movie like this one is released on Blu-ray, you have the possibilities of offering two diffent soundmixes like a stereo one and a full surround mix to please today's fans.
I couldn't agree with you more. It is what Fox should have done with The Sound of Music, also given us the 40th anniversary dvd mix in lossless because the 6 track master had lost it's high end. With Millie it should have been 3.0 or nothing...I am as dismayed as you are.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, there are other places to buy this. Most of them are far more responsive and deserving of your business than Amazon.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Yes, there are other places to buy this. Most of them are far more responsive and deserving of your business than Amazon.
Agreed and the best place to buy it is from Kino. I placed my order late yesterday and received a shipment notification this morning. Due to the consistently excellent service from Kino, I didn't even consider Amazon.

Plus, I ordered a few more titles that have been on my to buy list to get free shipping.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
I ordered from Bullmoose and got both this and SHADOW OF THE THIN MAN just now. I'm very impressed with the "Free shipping" that was, in actuality, 1st Class Mail and the fact that both titles came to my mailbox three days from ordering. Shipped in bubblewrap in a cardboard box, no less!
Whoops! Just dropped an easy $100 at Bullmoose. Thanks, Will. 🙄

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Attention: The overture, intermission AND exit music are all in MONO! I can't believe it. The laserdisc and the DVD they are all in full beautiful stereo sound. This is a huge error that demands a recall. We've got to stick together on this MIllie fans! This is a shameful mistake!

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
Attention: The overture, intermission AND exit music are all in MONO! I can't believe it. The laserdisc and the DVD they are all in full beautiful stereo sound. This is a huge error that demands a recall. We've got to stick together on this MIllie fans! This is a shameful mistake!
I agree this is very poor!

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Yes and how hard would it have been to add the three in stereo when they are available?

In fairness, we have no idea whether or not they ARE still available. The DVD came out (with overture etc stereus intactus) in 2003 and Universal had a massive vault fire in 2008 that wiped out much of their music holdings and masters. We don't know what's still around and what isn't. Hopefully, someone will be willing to tell us but, until that time, we just don't know.

Last edited:

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
In fairness, we have no idea whether or not they ARE still available. The DVD came out (with overture etc stereus intactus) in 2003 and Universal had a massive vault fire in 2008 that wiped out much of their music holdings and masters. We don't know what's still around and what isn't. Hopefully, someone will be willing to tell us but, until that time, we just don't know.
Well the DVD is still available in Dolby Digital and most of us have it. Why couldnt they have taken the Overture, Entracte and playout music from it? Plus the CD and LPs are still available.

Amazon product

Last edited:

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias
Of course it's available. While the master file may no longer be available, I'm pretty sure that there are a few hundred or so DVD's still floating around out there with the stereo tracks. A decoded Dolby Pro Logic track is a 100 times better than a mono track.
And, for those in that other thread who said they never even noticed the three items in question were mono, I suggest a hundred lashes with a wet noodle and restriction from any HT usage for the next two weeks :oops: .

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
And, for those in that other thread who said they never even noticed the three items in question were mono, I suggest a hundred lashes with a wet noodle and restriction from any HT usage for the next two weeks :oops: .

I'm the "those" who wrote that, as you undoubtedly know. :lol:

Listen, I'm just trying to inject a little calm and rationalization into a situation we don't actually as yet know anything about, but you guys keep on keepin' on!

giphy (11).gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors