What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Are Elephant Films region locked? I can accommodate that but just wondering.
I would expect this title to be region locked if Kino has the rights to release it the North American market. I don't have the disc, but I'm guessing the Kino version is locked for Region A.

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias
I posted this in the other thread, but I am also posting it here FYI.

I just ordered and received TMM from Kino this week.
On the copy I received, everything on the DTS HD MA track is stereo, including the Overture, Entre Acte, Walkout music. Just to be sure, I put the 2 channel DTS audio into Reaper and looked at the actual wave forms and VU meters and they (and my ears) confirm that the segments in question are definitely not mono.
My copy shipped from Technicolor in Lavergne TN, so I suspect KL has had the disk re-mastered with the proper audio.

Please ignore the above, the audio in question, while not mono, is not in strereo either. Rather it is in rather poor electronically re-channeled for stereo. Sorry for the false alarm.

To echo previous comments, the image is truly beautiful, likely better than it ever looked in a theatre. (opticals in the plane sequence excluded from this comment as they never looked convincing).

Viewed with a JVC RS57 projector at 54"x100" from 8 1/2 feet.

Last edited:

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
I posted this in the other thread, but I am also posting it here FYI.

I just ordered and received TMM from Kino this week.
On the copy I received, everything on the DTS HD MA track is stereo, including the Overture, Entre Acte, Walkout music. Just to be sure, I put the 2 channel DTS audio into Reaper and looked at the actual wave forms and VU meters and they (and my ears) confirm that the segments in question are definitely not mono.
My copy shipped from Technicolor in Lavergne TN, so I suspect KL has had the disk re-mastered with the proper audio.

To echo previous comments, the image is truly beautiful, likely better than it ever looked in a theatre. (opticals in the plane sequence excluded from this comment as they never looked convincing).

Viewed with a JVC RS57 projector at 54"x100" from 8 1/2 feet.
Well this is good news but terrible for those of use that have mono for the overture etc etc etc...

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
For Aussie members who may be waiting on Umbrella Entertainment’s double-disc Blu-ray set of of Thoroughly Modern Millie and Flower Drum Song, which was set for April 6.

Umbrella customer service replied as follows to my enquiry about product unavailability: ‘This release has been pushed back to later in the year.

This delay is presumably due to the same mastering issues affecting Kino and Elephant, although Umbrella didn’t specify.

https://www.booktopia.com.au/double-feature/dvd/9344256024924.html

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Indicator's Sweet Charity Is about the same as Kino's I believe. It's the same transfer, I own Kino's and I think it looks and sounds great. If Universal are the ones that cropped Millie to 1.85 then there is a possibility Indicator's would be the same.
This is Indicator, from the UK -

roxy1927

Screenwriter
Real Name
vincent parisi
I guess I need to buy the DVD which I've never had just to get the musical interludes in stereo. It is baffling to me in this day and age how they would be released in mono when no theater which would have shown the film in stereo in '67 would have had the solely musical sequences in mono. It is as if they had to put in a great effort to purposely add the mono to a stereo track.

Chuck Pennington

Supporting Actor
F48E2437-7E71-430B-883F-E0E3205E3B99.jpeg

LINK: Thoroughly Modern Millie (1967) Video Release Comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors