What's new

HDMi Cables - maximum length? (1 Viewer)

bigstufff

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Hi all - first post!

I am currently setting up a new system in my new house and am locating all AV gear in a central cupboard.

I want to run HDMi to my Pioneer plasmas from here - what is the maximum generally accpeted length these should be run?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Here's a good read on this topic: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/how-long-can-hdmi-run.htm

Basically, there is no maximum length designed in the spec, but there are practical limits based on the cable's construction.

tedi055

Auditioning
Real Name
Evelina Sanchez
Seth is right there really isn't any length restrictions, but in you case i suggest going with a gold plated cable. this will ensure that quality will not be compromised over length.

tbush

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Bush
Hi James.
The short answer for a 'standard high-end cable' is 50' for 1080i and 720p (1080p in some cases)
and 30' for 1080p guaranteed. However, if both the source device and display device have equalization built in, 1080p can achieved over greater distances. Nowadays there are many solutions that will work for distance and space restriction as well. There are fiber solutions, and one of my favorites, the Cat5e/cat6 solutions. They are simple to install, and do indeed work incredibly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks