What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HBO Max HBO Max (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
They did when Hamilton debuted. Not sure if it’s come back.

FYI, Best Buy is offering a free two week trial of HBO Max when you purchase Tenet from them.

Not just Tenet. I'd gotten the same offer with two previous purchases as well, for Warner titles. One came with Westworld: Season 3 4K (BB SteelBook), and the other with (buying both at the same time) Chernobyl 4K (BB SteelBook) and Blade 4K.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had any issues with image quality or interrupted playback, but I'm halfway through the third season of "Search Party", and the navigation between episodes is clunky on the Roku. Half the time it says it's playing the next episode but instead restarts the episode I just watched. When this happens, I have to get out of the show in the HBO Max and then reselect it to get the correct episode to play.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
By the by, my wife was asking me at what time on the 25th WW84 will be available, and I didn't know. Do they typically make things available at midnight EST or 3:00am EST/midnight PST?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I haven't had any issues with image quality or interrupted playback, but I'm halfway through the third season of "Search Party", and the navigation between episodes is clunky on the Roku. Half the time it says it's playing the next episode but instead restarts the episode I just watched. When this happens, I have to get out of the show in the HBO Max and then reselect it to get the correct episode to play.

Yeah, there are definitely some kinks to work out w/ the UI on Roku.

_Man_

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
So being a Roku user I just got HBOMax. A question on the Warner Archive titles I have been following since May and my understanding is many if not all of the WAC blu ray titles have been appearing on HBOMax the month before WAC releases them. But it appears they only stay on the service for a short time. Anyone know how long that is? 2 months, 3 months? I noticed all the Judy Garland titles are no longer on their: Strike up the Band, Girl Crazy, The Pirate, The Harvey Girls as well as Flying Leathernecks. I am sure many other titles are gone as well.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
New update has now removed 5.1 support altogether from Nvidia Shield. Way to go guys! =/

EDIT: this has been confirmed to be the case with all AndroidTVs. Wonderful! What a complete clustersnafu.

EDIT 2: 24 hours later still broken.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So being a Roku user I just got HBOMax. A question on the Warner Archive titles I have been following since May and my understanding is many if not all of the WAC blu ray titles have been appearing on HBOMax the month before WAC releases them. But it appears they only stay on the service for a short time. Anyone know how long that is? 2 months, 3 months? I noticed all the Judy Garland titles are no longer on their: Strike up the Band, Girl Crazy, The Pirate, The Harvey Girls as well as Flying Leathernecks. I am sure many other titles are gone as well.
You got about three months at the most. I expect the October titles like Libeled Lady to be dropped on January 1st. It will be interesting to see if Mister Roberts, another October title is there on January 1st because for some reason, it didn't appear on Max until October 9th.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
So being a Roku user I just got HBOMax. A question on the Warner Archive titles I have been following since May and my understanding is many if not all of the WAC blu ray titles have been appearing on HBOMax the month before WAC releases them. But it appears they only stay on the service for a short time. ... I noticed all the Judy Garland titles are no longer on their: ... The Pirate, ...

You got about three months at the most. I expect the October titles like Libeled Lady to be dropped on January 1st. It will be interesting to see if Mister Roberts, another October title is there on January 1st because for some reason, it didn't appear on Max until October 9th.
Thanks guys. Good to keep in mind. Any other October titles to catch before they disappear?

I don't recall The Pirate ever being on HBO Max. Did I miss it?

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
There is a "Last Chance" section (on the website at least. I haven't checked the app.) Has anyone noticed if the WA titles display in this section before they disappear?

BTW: Zhivago, American in Paris, Bringing Up Baby on the chopping block for this month.

Thanks

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
There is a section on their website showing what is coming/leaving. None of the WA titles are listed as leaving thru Dec 31.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks guys. Good to keep in mind. Any other October titles to catch before they disappear?

I don't recall The Pirate ever being on HBO Max. Did I miss it?
You didn't miss it, not all WA titles are streaming on HBO Max prior to their BD release. Some might show up later like The Thin Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks