What's new

HBO Max HBO Max (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Current HBO Max subscribers will keep their existing HBO Max plan features for at least 6 months after Max launches.

So that means we'll still be getting 4K/Atmos on our existing plan for at least 6 months (before being dropped down to the mid-tier... unless we upgrade)?

That should be long enough to cover the rest of my prepaid annual subscription -- and maybe that's what they figured probably for all the people who got in on their last(?) special, promo discount deal last Sept or so... whom they'd probably wanna renew toward the end of that grace period window...

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
So that means we'll still be getting 4K/Atmos on our existing plan for at least 6 months (before being dropped down to the mid-tier... unless we upgrade)?

That should be long enough to cover the rest of my prepaid annual subscription -- and maybe that's what they figured probably for all the people who got in on their last(?) special, promo discount deal last Sept or so... whom they'd probably wanna renew toward the end of that grace period window...

_Man_
We will know for sure when the service launches on May 23rd but from the wording on the website it seems like what they are saying is that current subscribers have one of the two lower tiers, the service with or without commercials. The premium tier with some 4K is new and per the website has not been offered before. I am sure people here will disagree but that is how I read it.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
We will know for sure when the service launches on May 23rd but from the wording on the website it seems like what they are saying is that current subscribers have one of the two lower tiers, the service with or without commercials. The premium tier with some 4K is new and per the website has not been offered before. I am sure people here will disagree but that is how I read it.

Well, unless they greatly expand the number of 4K/Atmos titles on there, we've definitely been getting the measly amount of 4K/Atmos content on there... and there has never been any talk of how many simultaneous streams offered before (and pretty sure more than just 2), so...

Basically, we already receive the so-called "premium tier" as the regular ad-free one, but they're gonna split that tier to create a new, lesser, ad-free, middle tier at the same price while charging more for what they had been offering all along.

They (and whomever else) can disagree all they want, but we, their existing customers, know better and will decide/act accordingly (or not). Me? Their existing service wasn't worth the already fairly high, regular price as was, except for a month or two of binging per year, and it's apparently gonna be worth even less (to me) going forward w/ the effective price hike...

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Has downloading movies from HBOMAX be to view off line been available ? I don't see anything about it on the website. How would the limit work? Is it 300 movies total per your lifetime for the premium tier?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
May 2023 Ends May 22, the day before the service becomes MAX

May 1:​

Absolute Power, 1997 (HBO)
Alpha Dog, 2006 (HBO)
American Honey, 2016 (HBO)
As Tears Go By, 1988
Betrayed, 1988 (HBO)
Black Mass, 2015 (HBO)
Blue Valentine, 2010 (HBO)
Calvary, 2014 (HBO)
Coffee and Cigarettes, 2003
Daddy Day Care, 2003 (HBO)
Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears A Who!, 2008 (HBO)
Dreamer: Inspired By A True Story, 2005 (HBO)
Eat Pray Love, 2010
The Forbidden Kingdom, 2008 (HBO)
Heartbreakers, 2001 (HBO)
The Hole In The Ground, 2019 (HBO)
Hustle & Flow, 2005 (HBO)
I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry, 2007 (HBO)
The Karate Kid, 2010
Kingsman: The Secret Service, 2014 (HBO)
The Last Castle, 2001 (HBO)
Lord Of Illusions, 1995 (HBO) (Director’s Cut)
Lucky You, 2007 (HBO)
Man Of The House, 2005 (HBO)
Mid90s, 2019 (HBO)
Midnight Sun, 2018 (HBO)
Mirror Mirror, 2012 (HBO)
Mirrors, 2008 (Extended Version) (HBO)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, 2016 (HBO)
Paper Moon, 1973 (HBO)
Paranoia, 2013 (HBO)
Parasite, 2019 (HBO)
The Rookie, 2002 (HBO)
Shark Night 3D, 2011 (HBO)
Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow, 2004 (HBO)
Soapdish, 1991 (HBO)
Some Like It Hot, 1959 (HBO)
Sorority Row, 2009 (HBO)
Step Brothers, 2008
White House Plumbers, Limited Series Premiere (HBO)
Windtalkers, 2002 (HBO)

May 2:​

1000% Me: Growing Up Mixed, Documentary Premiere (HBO)
Batwheels, Season 1E
Run All Night, (HBO)

May 3:​

Fifty Shades of Grey, 2015 (HBO) (Unrated Version)

May 4:​

The Other Two, Max Original Season 3 Premiere

May 5:​

Unicorn: Warriors Eternal, Season 1

May 8:​

Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears A Who!, 2008 (HBO)
Legion of Super-Heroes, 2023
The Conjuring, 2013 (HBO)
Two Sides of the Abyss (Die zwei Seiten des Abgrunds), Max Original Premiere

May 11:​

Rick and Morty, Season 6

May 14:​

We Baby Bears: Little Falling Star, Season 1G

May 15:​

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry, 2007 (HBO)
Land of Gold, 2022
Unbreakable, 2000 (HBO)

May 16:​

Angel City, Three-Part Documentary Series Premiere (HBO)
Men in Black, 1997
Men in Black II, 2002
Men in Black III, 2012

May 19:​

The LEGO Batman Movie, 2017
Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring, 2001 (HBO)
Parasite, 2019 (HBO)
Spy/Master, Max Original Premiere

May 20:​

Love to Love You, Donna Summer, Documentary Premiere (HBO)

May 22:​

Kingsman: The Secret Service, 2014 (HBO)
Mid90s, 2018 (HBO)
San Andreas, 2015

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Is it just me or are they definitely systematically trimming/reducing the TCM section very substantially now? It wasn't that big a section as it was, but starting next month? They're about to remove quite a lot of American classics by end of this month, including the few that recently premiered excellent restoration transfers. And I don't see anything replacing them (for the TCM section) in the scheduled slate listed above for this month...

That will just make the newly rebranded Max even less interesting for me (and I'm sure quite a few others here)...

Only thing remotely "good" about this is it'll finally force me to stop procrastinating and go catch those classics before they leave the service... unless I'm prepared to blindbuy whichever ones I don't already own...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is it just me or are they definitely systematically trimming/reducing the TCM section very substantially now? It wasn't that big a section as it was, but starting next month? They're about to remove quite a lot of American classics by end of this month, including the few that recently premiered excellent restoration transfers. And I don't see anything replacing them (for the TCM section) in the scheduled slate listed above for this month...

That will just make the newly rebranded Max even less interesting for me (and I'm sure quite a few others here)...

Only thing remotely "good" about this is it'll finally force me to stop procrastinating and go catch those classics before they leave the service... unless I'm prepared to blindbuy whichever ones I don't already own...

_Man_
I'm not surprise that those excellent restoration transfers are leaving because they still want to sell some discs. National Lampoon's Vacation is coming out on 4K/UHD next month on June 27th. I'm expecting more 4K/UHD releases this summer and beyond. I suspect Rio Bravo and East of Eden are a couple of those titles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I started a new thread for "Max":

I'm unable to access HBO Max. I had to download the new app for Max.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks