What's new

Disney+ Hawkeye (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
He’s in bad shape. If he lives, he might lose a leg.
Awful news. I'm rooting for a full recovery! It's easy to forget how dangerous winter storms can be, if you get a bit of bad luck.

On a human level, I'm sure the Marvel people feel the same. They've also got to be relieved that they made this show when they did, because now they have another Hawkeye waiting in the wings in the form of Hailee Steinfeld.

Even if Renner does lose a leg, it doesn't necessarily mean we've seen the last of Clint Barton in the MCU. But it does probably mean his live action archery days are over.

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
I have a acquaintance who lost most of a leg in Iraq and is still able to compete at the Ironman level.

It's quite remarkable what they can do with a motivated patient now a days!

There are others who compete at the Olympic level (and I'm not saying para-Olympic but similar speeds to fully bodied Olympians) in other sports.

Being in his 50s Renner may not want to climb back onto the action hero horse but if he lives through this the barriers to doing that are the lowest they've ever been and he'll likely be able to afford the best help out there.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member

I love how Disney/Marvel is parlaying items and events from their MCU content into real-life items and events! (This comes after the announced publication of Scott Lang's book from Quantumania.)

They missed an opportunity to partner with Ben and Jerry back when Infinity War was released in 2018 (though I understand it would seem glib after half of all life was snapped!), but certainly after Endgame, it could have been an interesting tie-in.

On a similar note, maybe Disneyland or Disney World could build a shop like Infinity Conez (from Love and Thunder), since it doesn't have to partner with another brand. Or is that too dark a connotation? ;)

1688141631417.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
From Disney social media, the marquee at the Hyperion Theatre where Rogers is playing. This space previously housed the Disneyland versions of Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular and Frozen.

356137801_655206743316476_1837318714480332989_n.jpg

On a similar note, maybe Disneyland or Disney World could build a shop like Infinity Conez (from Love and Thunder), since it doesn't have to partner with another brand. Or is that too dark a connotation? ;)

This joke didn't work for me in Love and Thunder. The snap and everything around it had to be so traumatic for the MCU that why would they want to build an ice cream shop with that pun? It just felt way too silly considering the event being referenced. No one in the real world is naming an ice cream shop after Nazi symbolism or the 9/11 terrorists, for example, and that seems like what Thanos is to the MCU at large.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Now, if only they’d put out a CD!
I agree with the desire for one, but I don't think it is practical to expect them to make one. I looked for one specifically when I went to see the show. It did not exist at that time or I would have bought it. Now, the show has closed its limited run. As much as I would like one, I don't think it's likely to happen for a show that is already over. I'd love to be wrong.

CDs are a dying format and, as we know, Disney has been supporting them less and less over the last few years. Honestly, I'm happy we even got a recording at all even if it is streaming. I had no expectation that I would ever hear the songs again after leaving the show without a CD in hand. So even this is a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks