What's new

Has Anyone Tried This? (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I am working on re-constructing my HT and I am thinking of using 2 subs. After reading this article, their conclusion is that the best set up for 2 subs is the center of both the front and rear wall. Is anyone using this set up? Anyone have thoughts?
Thanks,
Dave

Max F

Second Unit
While that article is interesting, you really don't know what you're are going to get for your particular room. Each room is different - different dimensions, different furniture, rugs, wall hangings, etc. You're just going to have to do some experimenting with placement.

I would also highly recommend a BFD. You can EQ two separate channels, one for each sub with the BFD and it's only around $100!

Yes the guy above is correct. Rooms very. I used to have two subs. And that is what i had to do in every place i lived, but that goes for 1 sub too.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Does the BFD get its input from the LFE? If not, How does it work?

I you only have one LFE you can buy a y cable and split the signal sending one to one subwoofer and the other to the other subwoofer. the will require three cables. the y cable and two single cables.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I understand I can put a "Y" in the LFE. I was wondering about the input on the BFD equalizer.
Thanks, Dave

Max F

Second Unit
There is a left and right channel input on the BFD. Also a left and right channel output - one for each sub.

Do a search using "BFD" for all the details.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
After checking out the web page, I am getting one. This is what I need to level out my bass frequencies.
Thanks. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks