What's new

Hardest /Most Frustrating Task to Accomplish In Video Games? (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Another one that I just remembered is how tough it was to beat King on Virtua Tennis for the DC. Man... it took me hours to beat him.

Glen

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Mark: I remember that basketball game. That was pretty frustrating, but the computer was beatable.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Man...someone beat Ninja Gaiden 3???
I salute you. Not even with a game genie could I beat that game.

Leslie W

Stunt Coordinator
What is the hardest/most frustrating task to accomplish .... ?

Mmmmmm ... let's see.... turning the damn console off when I am involved in a great, fun game.

Yup. That's about it.

Leslie

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I recently got Super Mario Sunshine, and I must add one to the pile: Yoshi's Fruit Adventure in the Ricco Harbor section. That board was invented by evil itself.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Dome-

After you get to the first platform, look to the left of it and there is a ledge on the cliff with a tree. Go to the ledge, eat the fruit on the tree, and now Yoshi's spit will make the platforms the fish turn into go up instead of forward

That REALLY helps out.

BTW, I beat Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts, so that's one down.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Morgan, wish I'd known that. :frowning:
I spent three hours and liters of sweat from my hands to finally finish that task. I think it was about five in the morning when I finally got around to doing it.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
For the original Nintendo, did anyone have (or does anyone even remember) "Solomon's Key?" I loved this game, maybe because it appealed to the problem-solving portion of my brain. The game consisted of 50 levels, or screens, that you had to work your way out of by finding the key and unlocking the door. You could create and destroy bricks, and the difficulty lie not in the enemies (there were so few) but in managing to get to the key and then the door in the alloted time.

You could always continue, until like level 42. After that, if you lost your 3 guys, you had to go back to level 42 (?) regardless of how far you got. That sucked.

Anyway, using the Game Genie I got to level 49, but couldn't get out of that room. I never found anyone who got that far, much less farther. How about here?

Chris

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator
Miner 2049 for Colecovision. I think I tapped out at level 4 and made 5 once.

I second Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden. I found Mike Tyson pretty easy. Funny how some games are considered easy by some and impossible by others but we all agree on the most brutal games.
I must be slowing down in my old age. Broke out the NES a while back and couldn't beat Mega Man II. Used to have an easy time with that one.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
There's a relatively easy way to beat Ninja Gaiden...too easy, in fact, which is why I assume they removed this specific "special attack" in Ninja Gaiden II. I can't believe I remember this.
All you have to do is pick up the "spinning sword" attack at the far right of the bottom floor of Jaquio's castle and hang onto it for the remainder of the level. Once you face your father, spin right through him. You'll beat him instantly. Do the same thing when you play through the level again to face Jaquio...spin right through him.
I thought I'd never be able to beat Ninja Gaiden II without this attack, but the sequel was easier than I anticipated. I never have gotten the chance to play the third one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks