Halo

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidAM, Nov 28, 2001.

1. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I might need to be shot for not knowing, but what kind of game is Halo? My xbox is my first real console system since the original NES (the Saturn I bought one game for doesn't count!), so I'm just getting back into the swing of all the titles and what's good, what's not, etc. I kinda feel like I'm sinning by not having Halo when I have an xbox, so someone tell me what kind of game it is. I've only seen pictures of the game and it looks like a shooter game to me, but could also be a RPG. Is this an involved game where you hunt for clues and things or just a really good graphic shooting game (something like Doom)? Fill me in please so I know if I want to go buy it. Thanks.

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Go read the reviews at www.gamespot.com and www.consoledomain.com, among other sites. Really, you should use Google.com to search for reviews, or even go to the official xbox site!
    Getting shot is a little harsh...maybe a little spanking for not finding out yourself! [​IMG]

3. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

To answer the question, though, it's a First Person Shooter.

4. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

Thanks. I was hoping it wasn't cause I'm not into those too much.

5. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Halo is as much a "first person shooter" as a Mercedes is a "car".

Mike

6. Steve Herman

Steve Herman Auditioning

DavidAM,

I wasn't a big fan of FPS either, however once you start playing HALO you won't be able to put it down. It is soooo much fun, and if you have a system that enables 5.1 you will be even more in love with the game!!

Stephen

7. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Mike,
    I dunno. I don't find "Halo" to be overpriced... [​IMG]
    Gussy it up however you want, at it's core it's a game where, from a first-person perspective, you shoot things.

8. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

IMHO Halo is the best game I have played this year, better than MGS2, better than RTCW, better than the Mary Kate & Ashley GameBoy games!

But seriously the only game that I have enjoyed this much this year is Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

9. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I beat Halo twice, and have 3 more levels to go before I beat it in legendary mode (to see the extended ending). It's fun but I say MGS2 is better. I also thought 007 for N64 was a bit more fun to play. And yes I think it's overrated just a tad.

You can all aim your targets at me now....