halo soundtrack

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Sep 10, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

is there a way to get a preview? i dont have xbox, i dont have halo, but i am interested with the soundtrack. amazon doesnt have a preview.

so please, halo fans, tell me how does it like? is it space opera-like music ala starwars? or what?

2. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

Felix,

the best way I can describe the Halo soundtrack is "driving orchestral mix." It includes string-type instruments, drums, etc, to create a sense of environment or urgency or momentum in the game. The opening screen is a space scene showing halo with an airy "men's choir" sound with lots of reverb. Very spacey and cool.

Top knotch score, IMO.

John G

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

You should be able to find soundbytes on the Net. It's a fantastic soundtrack.

4. felix_suwarno

what is soundbytes?

how does halo soundtrack compare to metalgear2 soundtrack then?

5. Benjamin_L

Benjamin_L Stunt Coordinator

Felix,
    I think he means sound clips.
    In addition to the amazing gameplay, it's Halo soundtrack that really cemented my love for the addictive little game. In a word: Epic.
    That being said, I'm not sure if it would sound as excellent if listened to outside of the game. As you pass a checkpoint or a particularly difficult encounter in a level, the musical number will frequently develop in turn- we're talking immersion central. I remember freaking out whenever the "Hunter" music kicked in and REJOICING when the development kicked in after an extended bloodbath.
    I don't think it's a stretch to say Halo's soundtrack is up there with games like Star Control 2, GTA 3, or the Warcraft/Diablo series. Though you can't dance to it. [​IMG]

6. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

Didn't Rolling Stone give it Game Soundtrack of the Year?

7. felix_suwarno

is there a topten list? i want to know the rest!