What's new

halo soundtrack (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
is there a way to get a preview? i dont have xbox, i dont have halo, but i am interested with the soundtrack. amazon doesnt have a preview.

so please, halo fans, tell me how does it like? is it space opera-like music ala starwars? or what?

John Gates

Second Unit
Felix,

the best way I can describe the Halo soundtrack is "driving orchestral mix." It includes string-type instruments, drums, etc, to create a sense of environment or urgency or momentum in the game. The opening screen is a space scene showing halo with an airy "men's choir" sound with lots of reverb. Very spacey and cool.

Top knotch score, IMO.

John G

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
Felix,
I think he means sound clips.
In addition to the amazing gameplay, it's Halo soundtrack that really cemented my love for the addictive little game. In a word: Epic.
That being said, I'm not sure if it would sound as excellent if listened to outside of the game. As you pass a checkpoint or a particularly difficult encounter in a level, the musical number will frequently develop in turn- we're talking immersion central. I remember freaking out whenever the "Hunter" music kicked in and REJOICING when the development kicked in after an extended bloodbath.
I don't think it's a stretch to say Halo's soundtrack is up there with games like Star Control 2, GTA 3, or the Warcraft/Diablo series. Though you can't dance to it. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks