What's new

Halo 2 (1 Viewer)

Todd_B

Second Unit
I've already put in my PTO request and I'm in the process of planning a 2 day "Iron Man" Halo 2 Lan party :D

Todd B

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I was at EB today, they said the tin LE is only going to be $5 more than the regular edition game :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
bleh, why do I feel I have to spend the extra $5 for stuff I really don't care for? I guess it's the cool packaging and deleted scenes. :p) Wish they just made the CE the norm, as Nintendo does with their preordered Zeldas; including a bonus disc with a bunch of goodies on it *for free*.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I got the email from EB about chaing my preorder to the LE for $54.99 but I don't think I'll be doing it.

As cool as this game will be I don't really care about all the making of stuff and care more about playing the game. The bonus stuff is not worth the extra $5 to me since most of it will have already been posted online at some point.

I did take advantage of the free 2 day air from EB, however, since I won't be buying the LE I may put the money saved from that into moving my order up to next day shipping. We'll see.

November can't come soon enough!

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Gamestop is upgrading people that have had it preordered for some time now to the LE for free. I called today and asked about it.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Now,unless this game gets delayed some more,it should be "the must have" game this year & it will be gracing the shelves of my house! :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You guys think this will possibly be sold out on release for those who didn't preorder? Thinking I just may wait til launch to grab it and make my decision on which version I want.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

Well the LE is only 5 bucks more from what i've been told from retailers. Stores usually order extra copies than what wes pre-ordered. I remember I walked in an grabbed a copy of KOTR and hadn't had one researved. But then again KOTR is not Halo 2.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

Possibly at stores like EB, but I can't imagine not being to find a copy at the larger retailers. Nevertheless I'll probably preorder this title purely from the perspective about not having to worry about rushing.

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
I had the game pre-ordered at ebgames with free two day air and canceled and re-ordered because they are offering overnight air.

Anticipation for this game almost had me dusting off the first Halo to play with XBConnect. Anyone get that working with a completely wireless setup? I have a wireless NIC for my desktop, and a wireless bridge that my XBox is connected to, and I never could get it to work. The thought of running cat5 cable all over the place to play again isn't too appealing...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
haha have you been reading the thread!?

1) Standard version for $50

2) CE version w/extras for $55

I plan on getting the standard, if only just to protest that game companies should just release 1 version at the same price. Extras should be free dammit! :angry:

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I pre-ordered the Special Edition Halo 2. For 5 bucks more, I can't see any reason why not to? We're all big Halo fans so, I don't have any problem paying a very small amount more to get something with extra material and, perhaps a bit more exclusive than the standard game.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
That will be awesome, too bad it is only limited to Loews since we have none of their theaters here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks